If you like providing efficient, effective solutions to complex challenges, join us at Ascent! Be at the heart of helping achieve extraordinary things with software and data for our customers!
**Please note that this current position is open in Portugal.
Ascent is a design-led software, data and cloud business that specializes in advanced analytics and AI. We are an engineering business. We design, build and manage cloud-native products, solutions, platforms & experiences on Azure.
Our pan-European community of engineers, architects, data scientists and digital consultants helps customers take on challenges and opportunities, so they can do something new, or do existing things better.
From global insurance, pharma, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
About the role
Ascent Digital is hiring a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer. In this role, you will work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate architects and engineers to deliver automated cloud infrastructure and DevOps solutions to Ascent customers. We are obsessed with adding value and providing unprecedented levels of customer service. This role requires you to be willing to undertake support out of hours on a rota basis. We have a ‘You build it, you support it’s team responsibility model.
Work closely with DevOps and cloud infrastructure architects and engineers to design, implement and manage secure, scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure environments for Ascent customers.
Propose and implement cloud infrastructure transformation and automation based on customer requirements.
Assist Ascent customers in transforming their infrastructure to modern technologies and methods for running microservices application architectures.
Assist Ascent customers in building, troubleshooting and optimising container-based cloud infrastructure.
Assist Ascent customers in selecting, implementing, and tuning continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) technology platforms.
Assist Ascent customers in ensuring operational readiness for launching secure and scalable workloads into public and hybrid cloud environments.
Work with Ascent customers to validate and troubleshoot existing CI and CD practices and recommend improvements and optimisations.
Work with Ascent customers to validate existing infrastructure security, performance and availability and recommend improvements and optimisation.
Implement infrastructure best practices for Ascent customers in areas such as DevOps, performance, scalability, security, and availability.
Skills and qualifications
- Min Azure Certification - Microsoft Solution Architect Expert, Azure Network Engineer Associate
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills suitable for Senior-level, cloud engineering and architecture stakeholder meetings
- Ability to facilitate the process of gathering requirements and providing alternative cloud infrastructure architecture options.
- Keen focus on customer service and an understanding that technology solutions must provide business value.
- 5+ years of experience managing large-scale, production Windows environments.
- 3+ years of experience and deep working knowledge of Microsoft Azure compute technologies including Virtual Machines, App Services, and AKS.
- 3+ years of experience and deep working knowledge of Microsoft Azure networking technologies including Virtual Networks, Private Link, UDRs, NSGs, and hub/spoke topologies.
- 2+ years of experience and deep working knowledge of Microsoft identity management systems including Active Directory and Entra ID.
- 1+ years of experience and deep working knowledge of infrastructure as code tooling including HashiCorp Terraform and/or Azure Bicep.
- 1+ years of experience with scripting languages such as Bash and PowerShell, particularly in conjunction with the Azure CLI or Azure PowerShell modules.
- 1+ years of experience with common application stacks (e.g. IIS, .Net apps, Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with configuration management tools and concepts (e.g. DSC, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Puppet, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with CI/CD tools and concepts (e.g. Azure Pipelines, Jenkins, GitHub, etc.)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases and related technologies (e.g. MS SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, Cosmos, MongoDB)
- Experience with networking and security concepts, methods and technologies in large-scale production Azure and hybrid environments
- Experience with log collection tools and analysis, as well as infrastructure performance monitoring tools and optimisation practices
- Strong working knowledge of container-based infrastructure on Azure (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, etc.)
Working at Ascent
At Ascent we promote a healthy work-life balance by offering flexibility in where you work. We also promote well-being and provide access to Well Being Coaches.
Your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review. It is a fun, supportive and modern workplace where we live by our company values of Empathy, Energy and Audacity! Ascent also offers a variety of benefits in each of our countries.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favourably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
Ascent works with over 150 businesses in the UK, Europe and North America. From global insurance, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Taking CX to the next level with AI for 200,000 members.
INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
Empowering the actuarial community to solve problems with R.
Reducing time-to-market for automotive innovation.
Evolving a global infrastructure team into a proven Centre of Excellence for cloud.
Improving health and well-being through data transformation.
Enabling data science teams to drive class-leading consumer engagement.
Bringing the technical vision to life for progressive professional services.
Orchestrating jobs and parts distribution across 6000+ UK sites.
Optimising performance & support with 360° insight into the elite Women’s game.
ENGLAND & WALES CRICKET BOARD
Promoting collaborative experimentation in sustainable food production.
Creating compelling omnichannel experiences from bar to browser.
Democratising data to engage new communities & protect the UK seabed.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Improving experience and making life simpler for home automation customers.
Unlocking the power of data and analytics to accelerate growth.
Bringing on-demand to the UK’s favourite TV listing and review platform.
Reducing cost, accelerating innovation and attracting new talent in healthcare.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch