Join our team and make a significant impact through our company Values. We are looking for an audacious, energetic and empathetic Master of Data visualization and analytics!
Ascent is a design-led software, data and cloud business that specialises in advanced analytics and AI. We are an engineering business. We design, build and manage cloud-native products, solutions, platforms & experiences on Azure.
Our pan-European community of engineers, architects, data scientists and digital consultants helps customers take on challenges and opportunities, so they can do something new, or do existing things better.
From global insurance, pharma, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
About the role
We are seeking a skilled Power BI Lead to provide expert consultancy, design and implementation, and strategic guidance, to ensure an optimal Business Intelligence experience for our clients. Moreover we value individuals who are passionate about supporting our Power BI Engineers, facilitating quality checks, and fostering the creation and continuous improvement of cutting-edge Power BI solutions.
- Champion Power BI: Exhibit a steadfast passion for leveraging the full potential of Power BI in driving data-driven decisions.
- Embrace Innovation: Explore and experiment with the latest Power BI features to ensure that our solutions remain at the cutting edge of technology and provide an exceptional user experience.
- Adept at Data Storytelling: Effectively weave together navigable visualizations to narrate the story of the customer's data.
- Promote Design Excellence: Cultivate a culture of creativity and design, crafting visually stunning reports that offer profound insights for our stakeholders.
- Encourage Supportive Collaboration: Mentor and support other Power BI engineers, aiding them in overcoming obstacles and encouraging exploration of new Power BI features for enhanced data visualization and analysis.
- Facilitate Solutions Integration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to comprehend business requirements and translate them into intuitive and impactful Power BI solutions.
- Ensure Quality Assurance: Regularly conduct checks on Power BI solutions to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and an optimal user experience.
- Demonstrable experience in developing visually appealing reports and dashboards using Power BI, showcasing a strong flair for design and creating insightful data visualizations.
- Strong understanding of data analysis, data modelling, and data visualization best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of Power BI features and functionalities, with a keen interest in integrating new features to stay at the forefront of cutting-edge Power BI technology.
- Exposure and/or Experience working with teams building visualizations on data platforms, as opposed to just pure Power BI.
- An interest in Microsoft Fabric would give you the opportunity to contribute in shaping Ascent’s Fabric strategy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster a collaborative and supportive environment for other team members and our customers.
Other Desirable Tech
It would be beneficial if you have experience with several items from the following list:
- PowerQuery (M)
- Power BI premium and an understanding of licensing
- Wireframes (Such as Figma)
- Source control and release management
- Data quality management
- Self-service experience (Such as Re-useable models and domains)
Working at Ascent
At Ascent we promote a healthy work-life balance by offering flexibility in where you work. We also promote well-being and provide access to Well Being Coaches.
Your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review. It is a fun, supportive and modern workplace where we really live by our company values of Empathy, Energy and Audacity! Ascent also offers a variety of benefits in each of our countries.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favourably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
Ascent works with over 150 businesses in the UK, Europe and North America. From global insurance, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Taking CX to the next level with AI for 200,000 members.
INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
Empowering the actuarial community to solve problems with R.
Reducing time-to-market for automotive innovation.
Evolving a global infrastructure team into a proven Centre of Excellence for cloud.
Improving health and well-being through data transformation.
Enabling data science teams to drive class-leading consumer engagement.
Bringing the technical vision to life for progressive professional services.
Orchestrating jobs and parts distribution across 6000+ UK sites.
Optimising performance & support with 360° insight into the elite Women’s game.
ENGLAND & WALES CRICKET BOARD
Promoting collaborative experimentation in sustainable food production.
Creating compelling omnichannel experiences from bar to browser.
Democratising data to engage new communities & protect the UK seabed.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Improving experience and making life simpler for home automation customers.
Unlocking the power of data and analytics to accelerate growth.
Bringing on-demand to the UK’s favourite TV listing and review platform.
Reducing cost, accelerating innovation and attracting new talent in healthcare.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch