Join Ascent and help us do extraordinary things for our customers!
**This position is available remotely for talents based in Bulgaria, Portugal, or Malta.
Ascent is a design-led software, data and cloud business that specialises in advanced analytics and AI. We are an engineering business. We design, build and manage cloud-native products, solutions, platforms & experiences on Azure.
Our pan-European community of engineers, architects, data scientists and digital consultants helps customers take on challenges and opportunities, so they can do something new, or do existing things better.
From global insurance, pharma, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
We are now looking for a highly motivated, results-orientated Full-Stack Developer with Azure and Blazor experience to join our team. An individual who leads by example and demonstrates a strong work ethic.
As a member of the Software Engineering team, you will be exposed to interesting and complex projects and will be expected to deliver a range of innovative solutions. You will play an active role in activities related to the design, development, and maintenance of our projects. You will be working closely with our team leaders to define specifications, and architecture, building creative and innovative software solutions.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Full-Stack Developer will be:
- Actively Implement solutions in the Azure ecosystem
- Estimation of functional/technical business requirements.
- Translating functional/technical business requirements into application code.
- Provide peer review of design and implementations produced by other team members.
- Continue to review, evolve, and deliver the best software development standards, technology, tools, and principles.
- Closely collaborate with the Lead Engineer to understand and drive the technical needs within the team.
- Attention to detail and methodical worker.
- Proactive and supportive team player.
- Ability to act independently.
- Quick to learn new techniques and eager to embrace new challenges.
- Positive attitude towards change and a fast-paced environment.
- Can-do approach towards development initiatives, methodologies, and working practices.
Skills and Experience
The following skills/experience are necessary:
- 5 or more years in a similar role.
- Working experience with, but not limited to .NET (Blazor Server, 6+), SQL Server, CSS
- Azure DevOps
- React NextJS knowledge is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge of Azure App Service, Azure Functions, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure Service Bus, Azure App Insights, Azure Key Vault, etc.
- Work experience with Azure DevOps and GitHub; including Boards, Pipelines, Repos, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Good understanding of industry best practices.
- Good understanding and experience working with Agile Frameworks such as Scrum.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Solid time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a real passion for technology
- Constructive challenger approach.
The following skills/qualifications are advantageous:
- University degree in computer systems design or computer science or equivalent
- A passion for emerging technology and new concepts.
- Practical knowledge and experience of a structured development life cycle, such as Agile or Scrum.
- The ability to operate whilst under pressure and demanding constraints.
- Understanding and working knowledge with Docker/Kubernetes tech (AKS (Azure Kubernetes Services) preferred) would be considered an asset
Working at Ascent
At Ascent we promote a healthy work-life balance by offering flexibility in where you work. We also promote well-being and provide access to Well Being Coaches.
Your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review. It is a fun, supportive, and modern workplace where we really live by our company values of Empathy, Energy, and Audacity! Ascent also offers a variety of benefits in each of our countries.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favorably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
Ascent works with over 150 businesses in the UK, Europe and North America. From global insurance, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Taking CX to the next level with AI for 200,000 members.
INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
Empowering the actuarial community to solve problems with R.
Reducing time-to-market for automotive innovation.
Evolving a global infrastructure team into a proven Centre of Excellence for cloud.
Improving health and well-being through data transformation.
Enabling data science teams to drive class-leading consumer engagement.
Bringing the technical vision to life for progressive professional services.
Orchestrating jobs and parts distribution across 6000+ UK sites.
Optimising performance & support with 360° insight into the elite Women’s game.
ENGLAND & WALES CRICKET BOARD
Promoting collaborative experimentation in sustainable food production.
Creating compelling omnichannel experiences from bar to browser.
Democratising data to engage new communities & protect the UK seabed.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Improving experience and making life simpler for home automation customers.
Unlocking the power of data and analytics to accelerate growth.
Bringing on-demand to the UK’s favourite TV listing and review platform.
Reducing cost, accelerating innovation and attracting new talent in healthcare.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch