If you like providing efficient, effective solutions to complex challenges, join us at Ascent! Be at the heart of helping achieve extraordinary things with software and data for our customers!
Ascent is a design-led software, data and cloud business that specialises in advanced analytics and AI. We are an engineering business. We design, build and manage cloud-native products, solutions, platforms & experiences on Azure.
Our pan-European community of engineers, architects, data scientists and digital consultants helps customers take on challenges and opportunities, so they can do something new, or do existing things better.
From global insurance, pharma, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
About the role
- New Business generation, from targeted campaigns and inbound enquiries and Microsoft referrals.
- Developing new clients proactively supported by Ascent’s Marketing and PR activities
- Adopting a new business growth mindset, taking an innovative approach to growing Ascent’s client base
- Responsibility for opening and then rapidly growing new Clients, across a range of industry sectors
- Manage the sales & bid process with Clients including initial qualification, proposal production and commercial negotiations with the support of our CSO
- Work closely with our pre-sales and consultants to ensure we set Ascent‘s service standards apart
- Handling inbound enquiries and attending events sponsored or organised by Ascent to grow our presence in the industry
- Experience selling B2B, generating new business and growing existing accounts
- A consultative approach to, and demonstrable experience of, selling services/service-based solutions
- Cloud migration/modernisation experience required
- High level of fluency in German and English (min C1) both written and verbal
Nice to have:
- Software and data engineering experience
- Experience selling a combination of onshore/nearshore propositions
- Experience across the mittelstand
- Microsoft Azure experience
You will be a highly motivated enthusiastic, creative salesperson committed to delivering superior client outcomes and have skills in;
- Consultative selling approach
- Personable with the natural ability to hold conversations with senior roles at the customer
- A natural networker, confident and collected, to be a natural advocate of Ascent
- Ability to open doors from cold leads and motivate self to generate successful outcomes
Working at Ascent
At Ascent we promote a healthy work-life balance by offering flexibility in where you work. We also promote well-being and provide access to Well Being Coaches.
Your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review. It is a fun, supportive and modern workplace where we really live by our company values of Empathy, Energy and Audacity! Ascent also offers a variety of benefits in each of our countries.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favourably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
Ascent works with over 150 businesses in the UK, Europe and North America. From global insurance, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Taking CX to the next level with AI for 200,000 members.
INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
Empowering the actuarial community to solve problems with R.
Reducing time-to-market for automotive innovation.
Evolving a global infrastructure team into a proven Centre of Excellence for cloud.
Improving health and well-being through data transformation.
Enabling data science teams to drive class-leading consumer engagement.
Bringing the technical vision to life for progressive professional services.
Orchestrating jobs and parts distribution across 6000+ UK sites.
Optimising performance & support with 360° insight into the elite Women’s game.
ENGLAND & WALES CRICKET BOARD
Promoting collaborative experimentation in sustainable food production.
Creating compelling omnichannel experiences from bar to browser.
Democratising data to engage new communities & protect the UK seabed.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Improving experience and making life simpler for home automation customers.
Unlocking the power of data and analytics to accelerate growth.
Bringing on-demand to the UK’s favourite TV listing and review platform.
Reducing cost, accelerating innovation and attracting new talent in healthcare.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch