Tekaris is now part of Ascent. We’ve joined forces with Ascent, a leading European digital services business, to help organisations connect data, software, and cloud to drive extraordinary outcomes.
Ascent provides custom software development enabling digital transformations and IP development for its clients in the UK, Germany and the United States. The business delivers complex software development projects through long-term relationships with its clients. As well as being a key technology supplier to blue chip and mid-market clients, Ascent has developed its own IP in niche verticals.
Horizon Capital along with management invested in the Ascent Group in November 2019, with the following key objectives over the next 2 years:
- Accelerate the double-digit revenue growth through investment in a new go-to-market team and proposition.
- Investment into full productization of existing and new IP to increase margins.
- Develop longer-term contractual relationships with key customers.
- Complete a number of acquisitions to build scale and enter new geographic markets.
- Take the organization turnover to £75m in the next 2-3 years (currently c.£40m)
To provide support to the Managing Directors of DACH businesses and the Group Finance Function businesses. This a new role that will play a key role in the success of the group and the DACH Region which is the focus of current acquisition activity. It is a great opportunity to gain experience in a fast pace growing PE-backed Technology business. The DACH region will cover 3 businesses with combined revenues of c.€20m in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
About the role
- Responsible for Finance and other back-office processes – legal, HR and IT
- Establish the Finance Team/manage external accountants to ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly accounts.
- Work with Managing Directors of DACH region businesses and Group Finance/Backoffice Teams
Financial Reporting and Forecasting
- Assist with due diligence and integration of new DACH acquisitions.
- Creation of Monthly Reporting to Group
- Drive operational insight and areas for improvement from the financials.
- Develop project and customer profitability reporting from NetSuite to drive commercial and operational decisions.
- Work with the Head of Group FP&A to produce a Budget and forecast.
- Responsible for invoicing, billing, cash collection and cash forecasting
- Full responsibility for monthly and annual financial management and accounts
- Accounts payable for several companies
- Monitoring of recurring entries and advance payments
- Submission of reports to the Federal Statistical Office
Systems & Process
- Implement and develop a Group IT system (NetSuite) working closely with IT team.
- Knowledge of Datev
- Create and maintain process documentation for all core accounting tasks.
- Work closely with Sales & Operations team to ensure finance provides the right level of information to make the smart decisions to grow the business.
Tax and Compliance
- Group Accounting policies - implement/maintain across regions.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the smooth running of the process at year-end.
- Manage and liaise with other business advisors on tax / technical issues.
- Ensure all filings are made on time – annual accounts, tax returns, VAT returns etc.
Legal, HR, Commercial
- Manage customer and supplier contracts in collaboration with Group Legal
- Manage local office back-office teams and premises.
- Collaborate with HR on employees’ contracts.
Skills and Qualifications
- Completed commercial training in Business and accounting (Dipl-Betriebswirt (FH) or similar)
- Good Systems Knowledge and experience (NetSuite/Datev an advantage)
- International Group Accounting Experience
- Awareness/experience of Tax reporting
- A Commercial outlook
- Strong Processes and procedures/compliance background
- Hands-on and happy to get involved in detail.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills written and spoken (English and German)
- Quick learner
- Able to work independently.
- Can use own initiative.
- Team player
- All-rounder with at least five years of professional experience
Working at Tekaris
Tekaris is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging. These are tangible aspects, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favourably because of their gender, maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
Ascent works with over 150 businesses in the UK, Europe and North America. From global insurance, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Taking CX to the next level with AI for 200,000 members.
INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
Empowering the actuarial community to solve problems with R.
Reducing time-to-market for automotive innovation.
Evolving a global infrastructure team into a proven Centre of Excellence for cloud.
Improving health and well-being through data transformation.
Enabling data science teams to drive class-leading consumer engagement.
Bringing the technical vision to life for progressive professional services.
Orchestrating jobs and parts distribution across 6000+ UK sites.
Optimising performance & support with 360° insight into the elite Women’s game.
ENGLAND & WALES CRICKET BOARD
Promoting collaborative experimentation in sustainable food production.
Creating compelling omnichannel experiences from bar to browser.
Democratising data to engage new communities & protect the UK seabed.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Improving experience and making life simpler for home automation customers.
Unlocking the power of data and analytics to accelerate growth.
Bringing on-demand to the UK’s favourite TV listing and review platform.
Reducing cost, accelerating innovation and attracting new talent in healthcare.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch