Join Ascent and help us do extraordinary things for our customers!
We are Ascent! and we help our customers solve problems, elevate, and do existing things better. We are on a mission to help our customers connect data, software, and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business.
We specialize in software product development, analytics, data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimization, and modernization of applications, data, and platforms.
We work with incredible clients in all types of industries such as smart home devices, space exploration, beer manufacturing, finance, ecology, and logistics. We work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses and we employ the sharpest minds too!
About the role
Our Data Architects help our clients transform their businesses to be more data driven. The role will usually cover several areas for our clients, and can include things such as:
- Technically leading a data modelling team to build an ontology, conceptual, logical, or physical enterprise data model
- Working with multiple stakeholders to design a data platform that is fit for their requirements in the cloud
- Leading the architecture and implementation of Machine Learning, MLOps, or Cloud AI based solution
- Presenting in enterprise forums to get buy in to solutions, and focusing on how strategic capabilities can be built or generalised from specific point solutions
- Working with our sales team on new/potential clients to understand their requirements, build our technical and consulting credibility, and provide continuity from pre-sales through to delivery
Ascent is a closely aligned Microsoft organization, so strong expertise in the Azure data platform is a strong requirement. You will be part of our technical architecture team, which includes application architects, cloud architects, and infrastructure architects.
You will need to design solutions to our clients’ problems that consider their (functional & non-functional) requirements
- Provide leadership to our engineering and delivery teams so they can operate at best possible efficiency in delivering solutions to our clients
- Have a broader view of our clients and their needs – including understanding of how non-technical programmes such as data governance, data modelling, and business value delivery rely on technical workstreams
- Keep up to date with Microsoft Azure technologies and drive best practice and standards within our own delivery teams
- Keep up to date with data technology developments, including but not limited to Databricks, Snowflake, and concepts such as Data Mesh, Data Lakehouse, MLOps, AIOps, DataOps, etc
- Supporting the sales team and providing technical input into creating proposals and sales materials to land engagements
You have strong soft skills in engaging with stakeholders to build personal technical credibility, and consulting led sales approach
And you will also probably have:
- Led a large scale or enterprise organization’s move to a Cloud Data platform
- Architecture level experience of Synapse, Databricks, and/or Snowflake
- A strong understanding of how to wrap CI/CD practises around Data pipelines
- In-depth experience with data modelling
- Some experience with open-source tools such as DBT, Kafka, Spark
Working at Ascent
At Ascent we promote a healthy work-life balance by offering flexibility in where you work. We also promote well-being and provide access to Well Being Coaches.
Your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review. It is a fun, supportive and modern workplace where we really live by our company values of Empathy, Energy and Audacity! Ascent also offers a variety of benefits in each of our countries.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favourably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
Ascent works with over 150 businesses in the UK, Europe and North America. From global insurance, healthcare and retail to smart home devices, space exploration and cricket - we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Taking CX to the next level with AI for 200,000 members.
INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
Empowering the actuarial community to solve problems with R.
Reducing time-to-market for automotive innovation.
Evolving a global infrastructure team into a proven Centre of Excellence for cloud.
Improving health and well-being through data transformation.
Enabling data science teams to drive class-leading consumer engagement.
Bringing the technical vision to life for progressive professional services.
Orchestrating jobs and parts distribution across 6000+ UK sites.
Optimising performance & support with 360° insight into the elite Women’s game.
ENGLAND & WALES CRICKET BOARD
Promoting collaborative experimentation in sustainable food production.
Creating compelling omnichannel experiences from bar to browser.
Democratising data to engage new communities & protect the UK seabed.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Improving experience and making life simpler for home automation customers.
Unlocking the power of data and analytics to accelerate growth.
Bringing on-demand to the UK’s favourite TV listing and review platform.
Reducing cost, accelerating innovation and attracting new talent in healthcare.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch