Help make vehicles of the future safer and greener, working with the world leader in the automotive industry!
About the role
Our Ascent team works with one of the world’s leading automotive companies, namely Bosch. We help make cars and other vehicles safer, greener, and more reliable. Our relationship with Bosch started back in 2011 with 2 C++ developers and today we have 4 teams and over 20 engineers engaged on a number of very interesting projects
Joining our team is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the automotive sector with one of the top global industry leaders. In this project, you will be working on an AUTOSAR RTE generator. It consumes XML files that describe the various software components in an electronic control unit (ECU) and produces Embedded C code that implements the Run-Time Environment (RTE) for the described ECU.
- You are a software engineer with significant experience and a broad range of technical knowledge.
- You can work independently and to an excellent standard and lead technical aspects of development work.
- You will work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver new functionality in our model-based code generator for automotive middleware. We develop our product in C++, with Python for supporting tools; the tool processes XML and generates embedded C code.
- You will work with our analysts to help clarify imprecise specifications and develop an excellent understanding of the domain, including the relevant AUTOSAR standards.
- You will support the team in carrying out effective effort estimations for development work.
- You understand the value of professional software engineering and work to the highest standards of quality while remaining focussed on meeting requirements.
- You will share your knowledge and help to mentor less experienced colleagues.
- You will have a background in Software Development.
- You will have a passion for testing complex software solutions.
- You will understand the value and importance of test automation.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in development of software solutions.
- Effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- A good understanding of software development processes.
- Experience of Python.
- Familiar with development environments and tools for both Windows and Linux.
- Strong understanding of Test Approaches in order to create high Quality, secure and robust solutions.
- Comfortable with modern Defect Tracking and Source Management tools e.g. Jira, Bitbucket, Git.
- Ability to write and understand complex software requirements and to verify requirements are satisfied.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply these both to C++/Python development.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply these to assuring the quality of our C++ product.
- A willingness to review and understand the source code of the product when working with Whitebox tests.
- Demonstrable experience of tools and techniques to ensure the correctness of complex software solutions.
- Unit Tests, Black box vs Whitebox.
- Application of the V model.
- Exposure to modern agile testing techniques with CI.
- Test automation tools (Creation and use).
It would be great if you also have experience in the following:
- Experience of Automotive software development (AUTOSAR, A-SPICE, ISO26262) highly desirable but similar experience will be considered.
- Previous experience working with, and generating, complex configuration files (using for example xml).
- Previous experience with code generation/compiler development.
- Familiar with model driven development of complex software solutions.
- Previous exposure to Embedded or control software.
- Experience of Quality tools e.g. static analysis and code coverage tools.
- Comfortable adhering to strictly defined processes and Quality goals.
- Working incrementally and iteratively – e.g. using Scrum.
- Previous exposure to MISRA compliant solutions.
- Experience using development automation systems e.g. Jenkins.
Working at Ascent
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favourably because of their gender, pregnancy and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation to participate in our application process, please let us know.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch