This is a great opportunity to immerse yourselves in the Industry. Ascent helps our partners onboard teams and particular skills directly in their business whilst still employed with Ascent in our Sofia office!
About the role
We are looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join our Technology department and build functional applications and websites.
We are seeking someone well-versed in building microservices in the latest versions of .Net. The person needs to have an understanding of containerization (like Kubernetes) and cloud-based services and resources like (Azure).
Our newest Senior .Net Developer will work very closely with the VP of Engineering for that part of the business.
Senior .NET Developer responsibilities include participating in the entire software development life cycle, debugging applications, and supporting junior developers. If you’re equally happy to roll up your sleeves to write code and review other team members’ work, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll use your expertise in the .NET framework to help us deploy high-quality applications.
We at Kallidus have great benefits and one of them is our newest 2½ reinvest-in-people-hours per week. The idea of it is to improve our employee's well-being, work-life balance, and overall productivity.
What you’ll do
- Analyze system requirements and prioritize tasks
- Write clean, testable code using .NET programming languages
- Develop technical specifications and architecture
- Test and debug various .NET applications
- Review and refactor code
- Deploy fully functional applications
- Upgrade existing programs
- Support junior developers’ work
- Document development and operational procedures
Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience as a .NET Developer in an Agile environment
- Proficiency in building web-based applications
- In-depth knowledge of the C# .NET language
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Confident in your technical skills, happy to challenge others and share your expertise and opinions
- An academic qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Kallidus applies professional skills from the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA). This role includes the following core skills:
Programming/software development (PROG) – Level 4
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends, and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Contributes to the selection of software development methods, tools, and techniques.
- Applies agreed-on standards and tools to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
Systems integration and build (SINT) – Level 4
- Provides technical expertise to enable the configuration of system components and equipment for systems testing.
- Collaborates with technical teams to develop and agree on system integration plans and report on progress. Defines complex/new integration builds. Ensures that integration test environments are correctly configured.
- Designs perform and reports results of tests of the integration build. Identifies and documents system integration components for recording in the configuration management system.
- Recommends and implements improvements to processes and tools.
Software design (SWDN) – Level 2
- Creates and documents detailed designs for simple software applications or components.
- Applies agreed on modeling techniques, standards, patterns, and tools.
- Contributes to the design of components of larger software systems.
- Reviews own work.
Testing (TEST) – Level 3
- Designs test cases and test scripts under his own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, and recording and reporting test outcomes.
- Participates in requirement, design, and specification reviews, and uses this information to design test plans and test conditions.
- Applies agreed-on standards to specify and perform manual and automated testing. Automates testing tasks and builds test coverage through existing or new infrastructure.
- Analyses and reports on test activities, results, issues, and risks.
Application support (ASUP) – Level 4
- Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
Kallidus and Ascent - working here
This is a hybrid role, where you can spend time at the office or work from home. This is a company where your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about.
Kallidus is here to unleash the potential in people. Our aim is to create outstanding products that deliver market-leading customer experience. And, as a result, improve the performance of both individuals and the organizations they work for.
We are one of the UK’s fastest-growing software companies. Our solutions support the entire employee lifecycle, from recruitment to training to performance management – and with more than 40 industry awards, we believe our software is the best in the industry.
Right now, we’re in a hyper-growth phase and we’re planning to expand from around 150 people to 500 over the years ahead. It’s a fantastic opportunity to develop your career.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch