We are looking for a highly-motivated Test & Assurance Strategy Specialist to join Ascent in our Sofia office!
About the role
The fundamental purpose of this position is to define and implement the Test & Assurance Strategy for the implementation of SaaS-based solutions across the BDO Global Network.
In addition, this will include being responsible for defining, planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining both the BDO Global required test activities in addition to defining and agreeing on acceptance criteria for vendor and internal project deliverables both technical and non-technical. Maintains the IT Quality Management System (Strategy, Standards, Processes & Tools) associated with ensuring Released IT Products & Services meet Quality & Release Standards (I.e. Architecture, Security, etc.) and have successfully passed both IT and Business acceptance processes.
This role is a hybrid ( mostly remote) and will direct and line manage both IT and Business QA Test resources and ensure effective delivery of QA standards & policy across IT.
What you’ll do
Processes, Standards & Governance
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Defines and then implements the end-to-end Test and Assurance Strategy for BDO Global and leads the continual development, implementation, and improvement of phased test plans to ensure both vendor and internal deliverables align with requirements and industry standards for a solution of this nature.
- Matrix management of test and assurance activities to ensure effective test execution, coverage, and assurance of vendor deliverables across multiple test phases.
- Ensures alignment with the IT Quality Management System or framework, as directed by the Senior Manager, Quality & Operations.
Planning, Reporting & Delivery
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis, and identifying areas of improvement, plus definition/implementation of steps required to improve the processes, as required.
- Define, gather and present test and assurance metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders (to discuss).
- Working with the Problem Manager and Support Services Manager to address quality-related issue trends both reactively and proactively through appropriate process improvements.
Quality & Risk Management
- Establish, manage and assure a set of practices, processes, and procedures to assure quality in the products and services developed and supported by IT, consistent with standards-based approaches.
- Identifies risk involved in the development or release of a product or service, and ensures plans are created to mitigate it.
- Identification and recommendation for the introduction and adoption of quality improvement tools to both the quality assurance and overall development processes.
- Responsible for the line management and leadership of the Projects IT QA team(s), including coaching & mentoring.
- Participate in interviews, induction, training, and performance evaluation of all QA leads.
- Investigating the root cause of issues or defects occurrence and of production bugs not identified through existing testing and validation processes; Identifying, recommending, and influencing steps to rectify identified faults.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or a related discipline (e.g. University degree), and entry-level vendor-aligned certification (e.g. MCP/MTA) are required.
- Strong experience in delivering Information Technology Quality Assurance Services in a complex, professional environment; able to demonstrate hands-on knowledge of all aspects of the IT Quality Assurance process.
- Deep knowledge and experience in a management position, ideally with team management responsibilities in an IT environment.
- Demonstrable ability in the creation and development of Quality Strategies, Policies, and Test Plans.
You need to demonstrate foundational knowledge of the Project Management and ITIL frameworks and the ability to track multiple aspects of multiple projects simultaneously, being detail oriented and demonstrably well organized. You need to have knowledge of Microsoft Products and Services beneficial and knowledge of new Service elements for a complex line of business applications and services.
It is good if you are a team worker, a problem-solving person, and have initiative, and integrity. It is essential to have the ability to build temporary teams for auditing, testing, validation, and improvement programs (Inc. generation of business cases for change initiatives). And last but not least, you have to bring excellent interpersonal and written English communication skills.
Working at Ascent
This is a hybrid role, where you can spend time at the office or work from home. This is a company where your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favorably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Creating compelling omnichannel experiences from bar to browser.
Optimising performance & support with 360° insight into the elite Women’s game.
ENGLAND & WALES CRICKET BOARD
Democratising data to engage new communities & protect the UK seabed.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Improving experience & making life simpler for home automation customers.
Bringing on-demand to the UK’s favourite TV listing and review platform.
Reducing cost, accelerating innovation and attracting new talent in healthcare.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch