High performing teams. Exciting projects. Impactful work. Oh, and colleagues who aren't just amazingly talented - they're great people! If these things are on your wish list for your next role, this could be the job for you!
We’re looking for an Agile champion with experience guiding and supporting the adoption of Agile practices and values in a servant leader role. At Ascent, this gives you the chance to be at the heart of customer facing teams, working on innovative and interesting projects spanning software, data and cloud platforms.
What you’ll do
As SCRUM Master, you’re the person who coaches our team members on Agile tools and techniques to help keep projects moving forward effectively, and you’ll use metrics to enable efficiency improvements, removing the roadblocks to delivery. Here’s a snapshot of what SCRUM Masters at Ascent do:
- Lead the way with the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices, helping our development teams to deliver amazing outcomes for our customers
- Empower and guide the teams in self-organisation, help the teams achieve higher levels of maturity as delivery progresses
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help the scrum teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile ways of working to allow us to work within our complex client environments
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur and ensure collaboration with other teams is balanced against the goals of the project
- Report on Sprint progress with product owners and delivery managers, providing transparency and clarity to customers
Skills and experience
You’re ideally already in a SCRUM Master role and you’ll be able to show:
- An excellent understanding of how to effectively apply Scrum in complex, real-world situations
- Experience coaching teams in how to become agile through recognised practices and frameworks in Agile, DevOps and Lean
- Knowledge of JIRA (or similar tools) and how metrics can be developed and used to improve processes and efficiencies of the team
- In-depth knowledge Agile methods such as XP, TDD, BDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery
Any industry-approved certification such as A-CSM, PSM II or higher is nice to have, but it’s much more important to have practical role experience in a range of different projects and programmes, so that you have effective tools in your kit, and not just theoretical knowledge!
Working at Ascent
We choose hybrid working, where you balance time at the office or with your customers with working at home. You'll earn a competitive salary, with a good range of benefits. Our offices are places to connect and collaborate with colleagues, with socials and regular get togethers. We take your development and growth seriously, with plenty of opportunities to acquire skills and get certified.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favourably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
We are Ascent
We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software, and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialize in software product development, analytics, and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimization, and modernization of applications, data, and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration, and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology, and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch