If you want to be at the heart of hiring in a growing tech company, and be part of a team with real influence and huge impact, then this is the place to be!
Talent Acquisition at Ascent is a full stack/full lifecycle recruiting job, with end-to-end responsibility for sourcing, selecting and hiring candidates in predominantly technical roles. We've created a brand new role for an experienced TA professional to join Ascent and help us grow our business in Portugal following our acquisition of BiLD Analytics. If you're an experienced tech recruiter, who loves to work in a collaborative, transparent and energetic team, this is an amazing opportunity to make your mark in a high growth company, where everything you do, and everyone you hire, will have an immediate impact.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, you'll be the lead recruiter in Portugal, working alongside a TA coordinator, and partnering closely with business and HR leaders as we grow rapidly. Your priority will be to hire the best data and software people out there to be part of Ascent - here are some of the things you'll need to do:
- Design and implement the right strategies to engage and nurture a diverse pipeline of well qualified and highly engaged candidates to join Ascent in Portugal, mainly in data and software roles
- Champion a high touch candidate experience, coaching and supporting hiring managers to be really effective in recruitment, and ensuring we go a step further than our talent competitors to make sure every candidate we talk to has a great experience of Ascent
- Keep data and reporting on recruitment activity visible and transparent so we can make effective decisions quickly - our ATS is JazzHR
- Play a big role in our TA team as we continue to evolve and adapt how we recruit - we are always looking to improve our processes, our approach and our skills as a team
- Be the trusted advisor our hiring manager and senior leaders need to give them insight, guidance and informed choices about our hiring strategies - you should be the go-to expert on hiring in Portugal
- Coach, mentor and upskill TA Coordinators as they grow their recruitment skills and experience
Skills and experience needed
We're looking for a real talent acquisition expert, who knows the difference between "order fulfiller" and "talent advisor".
- You should bring great experience in end-to-end recruitment where hiring for data engineers and software developers has been the focus. We’d ideally like some of this experience to have been gained in a scaling company, so you understand how to work at pace with lean, efficient processes
- A deep and proven expertise in sourcing and attracting software and data talent in a highly competitive talent market. You’ll be an expert in the use of sourcing tools and approaches (direct sourcing, LinkedIn Recruiter, Boolean techniques)
- An effective influencer, able to leverage various techniques to engage and close candidates, and making your knowledge and insight count with hiring stakeholders
- A proactive, energetic and highly efficient approach to your work - we're a collaborative team working in a demanding and dynamic candidate market, so the ability to deliver a great outcome for hiring managers and candidates consistently is key for us
We don't mind where your role experience has taken you so far, but knowing Portugal as a tech hiring market and understanding data and software engineering are really important. Your strong background as a recruitment professional in Portugal will include a sound understanding of employment legislation and visa schemes so that you make good decisions that avoid risk and ensure really great experiences for our candidates and new hires. You’ll have a high level of fluency in English, and be confident and comfortable to work in English both internally and externally. You'll need to be an EU citizen based in Portugal to apply.
What's in it for you
- A strongly competitive salary that is regularly reviewed, and a good overall benefit package
- A really supportive and collaborative team environment where we share, learn and grow together - your teammates are people from 5 different countries and counting, and we like talking about food and pets as much as we do about recruiting!
- Direct working relationships with the CEO, COO, founders and other senior executives in our business - we don't consider this "exposure to executives" - these are just the people who are our hiring collaborators!
- Impact - we make things happen here, when something doesn't work very well, we can change it and barriers get removed here pretty swiftly
- The right investment in talent acquisition - we have invested significant 6 figure sums in our recruitment tools so you can just get on with being a brilliant recruiter
Working at Ascent
This is a hybrid role, where you can spend time at the office or work from home. Ascent is a company where your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favourably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch