This is a challenging new role, offered as part of Ascent’s continued growth in Data, to support our customers in installing, configuring, and deploying RStudio products across a range of architectures.
About the role
This role is part of our evolving Data Platform team and will provide the opportunity to work side by side with highly skilled Data Engineers, Data Scientists, DevOps Engineers, and Architects.
As a recognized Platform Engineer professional in the Data Practice, you will have the opportunity to:
- Set and manage standards of quality for RStudio environments
- Support colleagues in understanding the breadth of the RStudio product stack
- Work as part of a multi-skilled delivery team on client engagements
- Be a recognized SME on RStudio that is a fundamental part of the presales and bid development process
- Help our customers excel
What you'll do
- Work with customers through all stages of the projects, from requirements gathering to designing to implementation and support
- Liaise with customers to set up and configure application servers and server environments
- Create a proof of concepts for new data science environments, including the configuration of third-party software for use within customer environments according to their requirements
- Ensure that systems are architected in a reusable, scalable, and maintainable fashion
- Strive to automate everything, managing the infrastructure as code
You will do the installation and configuration of Third-Party software (RStudio – with documentation), supporting R products and applications in production and troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing operational issues with software deployments in development and customer environments. Also, you will optimize monitoring, logging, tracing, and alerting frameworks for adoption by the business. You need to demonstrate a genuine interest in data technologies and the wider Azure ecosystem, the ability to keep up to date with relevant technologies and current trends, and willingness and ability to travel and work at client sites, including some international travel from time to time.
Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of Cloud Computing provider's offerings (Azure as a priority)
- Demonstrated experience with Linux system administration (Debian/Fedora), including Bash
- Hands-on experience with containerization including Docker and Kubernetes
- In-depth understanding of CI/CD and version control with preference to Azure DevOps
- Infrastructure and automation with Terraform, Powershell, Azure CLI, Ansible
- Good understanding of security including networking and protocols
- Previous experience installing, configuring, and supporting the RStudio ecosystem will be highly advantageous
- Experience with setting up and managing NFS, Samba shares, FTP
- Basic knowledge of user authentication methods (AD and SAML)
You will need to bring proven experience working effectively in a high-paced customer-facing role. You will have had prior responsibility for the successful delivery of RStudio services and be driven by achieving high-quality outcomes for customers. Excellent people and communication skills are essential, as is an understanding of the breadth of the data landscape and the value chain it can deliver for mid-market businesses.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Working at Ascent
This is a hybrid role, where you can spend time at the office or work from home. Ascent is a company where your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favorably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch