Work with our prestigious global customer to help drive continued improvements and enhancements to a huge suite of products!
About the role
If you're a Business Analyst who wants to have a role with global impact, then Ascent has the perfect role for you! Work with stakeholders and third parties to define and document business processes and software requirements for a huge global product suite, including online products, content management systems and business information systems.
Your role will be the pivot between defined business stakeholder groups and the IT team, to ensure that business requirements are delivered. You will develop reports, preparing information from internal and external data sources to support compliance-oriented business decisions, projects, and other initiatives. It's a role at the heart of this big global company, and Ascent has supported this team for many years, so you will be joining experienced and supportive colleagues.
What you'll do
- Establish strong working relationships with defined Product Owners and working groups to drive the continued development of the Global IT product suite.
- Meet with stakeholder groups to gather and analyze business requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to businesses in determining and recommending information needs.
- Respond to requests for information by summarising and analyzing internal and external processes and data sources.
- Work closely with Solution Architects and Product Owner to populate and maintain the Product Backlog and Product Roadmap.
- Analyze workflows to create process maps and isolate areas of potential improvement.
- Analyze and model the business domain to create a complete picture of functional and technical requirements.
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for a candidate with some role experience that includes business analysis and aligned technical background. Here's what you'll need in your skill-set:
- Good general business analysis and reporting experience; preferably in a Business Analysis role or quite similar, and some knowledge of technical fundamentals (e.g. University IT or Business degree, certification e.g. Microsoft, ITIL).
- Strong ability to analyze, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Outstanding functional and technical specification writing and documentation skills in English
You’ll need to show a strong understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development lifecycle and technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure, and database concepts is desirable. It will be an asset to have experience in capturing requirements within a compliance-oriented environment and well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and drive other team members. You will need to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English and the ability to balance priorities among competing needs.
Working at Ascent
This is a hybrid role, where you can spend time at the office or work from home. This is a company where your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favorably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch