About the role:
The role of a Senior QA Engineer consists of developing software test plans for software in order to identify software problems and their causes. They take ownership and collaborate with others to specified programs of work and operational duties allocated including work on a wide range of applications in support of the examinations and assessment business requirements in relation to new developments or the enhancement of current systems.
- Analyze product requirements and prepare test documentation
- Log, track defects, and retest them after they’re fixed
- Provide sufficient information and support to fix existing issues
- Prioritize bugs within the bug tracking system
- Preparing Test Data for the test cases
- Update the Test Result document
- Work closely with the rest of the development team and the product owner
- Participate in all relevant team ceremonies and meetings
- Giving mandatory information of a defect to developers to fix it
- Maintain test documentation up to date with the product development
- Monitor releases and builds going out to production and track production bugs over time.
- Review test plans and test documentation preparation.
- Design and develop automation scripts
- Execute manual and automation tests
- Assist QA Engineers and assist with test tasks as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficiency in English written and spoken
- Writing and analyzing user stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Taking personal care to upgrade the technical capabilities of the development team.
- Analytical with great attention to detail
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Mentor other QA Engineers in the team.
- Proactive attitude – Takes ownership of tasks and can follow them through
- A responsible attitude - needed to take responsibility for the tasks assigned and deliver them to an agreed level of quality and speed
- Ability to prioritize work - In the face of potentially conflicting priorities coming from the development and project requirements.
- Problem-solving skills - needed to find innovative solutions to team requirements.
- Active listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have used manual testing in several roles
- Have solid understanding of QA methodologies, testing techniques, and SDLC
- Have deep understanding of Agile processes and Scrum in particular
- Have hands-on experience with C# Selenium Web Driver, NUnit, XUnit, and Git
- Have experience with Databases and SQL (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to becoming a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings, and company events, and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch