In this role, you would be a naturally driven person with a continuous improvement mindset who is customer focused and forward thinking. You must have a sense of humour and appreciate a constant flow of tickets. Enjoy problem solving and assisting end users in their daily IT troubles. You will support and maintain software and hardware infrastructure for end user computing, onsite and cloud servers, communication services and the LAN / WAN infrastructure.
We are Ascent. We are on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics, and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology, and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now, we’re looking for an experienced Technical Support Officer to basically own our internal Helpdesk and 1st Level support along with the infrastructure team to deliver success.
We’re really good at what we do and we’re easy to work with. We’re a friendly bunch working in an open, highly collaborative environment - and we think success is best shared. Our teams are geared to get the best out of everyone, achieving objectives for our business and our customers as a collective.
Change is good: Continuous evolution is necessary to keep us at the top of our game as individuals - and our business at the forefront of our industry.
Diversity delivers more: We operate all over the world and pride ourselves on inclusivity. We believe diversity of people encourages diversity of thought and reflects the world we and our customers inhabit.
Quality without compromise: We leave nothing to chance, and that starts with the very first step of our recruitment process right through to the last deliverable in a customer engagement.
Your voice matters: We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are as good as they seemed at the time).
Audacious thinking: We encourage our teams to think big. Then we turn these big ideas into durable, simple design and experience.
Training benefits everyone: We are committed to the growth of our teams and talent through personal development and upskilling programmers.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Equal strength and interest in technology and is customer services oriented
- Very strong communication skills in written and spoken English
- Perseverance when there are challenging incidents and can work autonomously
- Organisation, prioritisation, and multitasking, and have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Administration of MS Office 365, Azure and SharePoint will be considered an asset
- The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- 3 years technical support experience or a similar position with Incident and Problem Management
- Industrial certification with Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar industries
- A diploma in IT or equivalent certification (as a minimum)
- Knowledge of and experience in virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V and Azure cloud infrastructure
- Special attention given if you also possess ITIL certification
- Create / update and respond to tickets in the Service Desk.
- Distribute, escalate, and own the service desk tickets to make sure service standard is maintained
- Perform system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups when needed
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request across our environment
- Provide support to our internal users across our development platforms; investigate and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures; coordinate and communicate with impacted users
- Populate and maintain the existing knowledge base and quality documentation as per policies
Why Join Ascent
- Ascent Software is on track to become a leading European provider of digital transformation; your role with us will drive your career path upwards
- We have an open, friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth via training and upskilling opportunities
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with modern offices in several convenient European locations
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch