We are Ascent. We specialize in software product development, analytics, and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimization, and modernization of applications, data, and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration, and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology, and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK-based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now, we’re looking for an experienced React Native Lead to help our Ascent projects team define and deliver success.
About the role:
Your daily responsibilities as a Lead will be:
- Implementation of systems/product architecture.
- Estimation of functional/technical business requirements.
- Translating functional/technical business requirements into application code.
- Provide peer review of design and implementations produced by other team members.
- Mentor and assist team members on their upward journey
- Continue to review, evolve, and deliver the best software development standards, technology, tools, and principles.
The following skills/experience are necessary:
- strong years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of React Native, TypeScript, and Jest/Mocha
- Familiarity with native toolchains like XCode and Android Studio
- Experience with Rest APIs
- Experience in releasing applications to Apple Store and Google Play Store
- Good understanding of best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Solid time management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Provide support to other team members and value others and their opinions.
- Constructive challenger approach.
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to becoming a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings, and company events, and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch