About the role:
A UX Designer that is inquisitive, open to learning, self-motivated, and wants a strong foundation in a range of user research methods. We are on the hunt for someone creative, organized and curious that believes in themselves and doesn’t shy away from asking questions. As part of cross-functional teams and with support from our UX Lead, your responsibilities will be to:
- Discover user and client needs in collaboration with Product Owners, Developers, and Data Scientists/Engineers
- Understand user and customer limitations and expectations
- Create personas, build user flows and compose problem statements
- Ensure feasibility internally and align with overall stakeholder goals
- Collect data and make informed decisions, based on that data
- Create resolution agnostic low/mid/high fidelity mockups in Figma, depending on the type of feedback to be collected
- Ensure a smooth handover to developers
- Take ownership of the UX process in projects
- Participate in workshops
- Present proposed solutions to clients
- At least 2 years of working as a UX or UI Designer
- Education in relevant field (informatics, HCI, Design, Technology) or work experience that can make up for lack thereof
- Experience with working alongside developers
- Used to working in Sketch or Figma
- Basic understanding of user research
- Strong visual language
- Understand Agile vs Waterfall
- Experience in working alongside developers
- Aware of how to ensure feasibility
- Portfolio to showcase strong design and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and written
- User Research
- Facilitating workshops
- Working with the Design Thinking framework
- Working with making sense of and visualizing data
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch