This role should be at the heart of strategic software delivery, connecting the DevOps function with Ascent Delivery and Product teams and leading the drive for standardisation and automation for efficiency in service delivery.
- Understand, design and implement systems that deliver platform services in a repeatable, scalable, secure, auditable way.
- Work closely with Cloud Architects and product development teams to design, implement and automate systems and architectures.
- Evangelise our approach supporting marketing, pre-sales and key partners
- Drive automation within the organisation utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Develop and maintain scalable architecture solutions using Azure
- Coaching peers and support them to grow knowledge of Cloud, Automation, Infrastructure as Code and DevOps.
The role will need to:
- Lead the evolution of the Ascent DevOps and SRE culture and environment.
- Strive to automate everything, managing the infrastructure as code.
- Optimise monitoring, logging, tracing, and alerting frameworks for adoption by the business.
- Own release management and CI/CD pipeline processes.
- Own Ascent’s cloud infrastructure strategy.
- Contribute to the definition of our open-source technology stack e.g., Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Advocate to build using a combination of opensource tools together with Microsoft applications, services, and infrastructure.
- Lead the design and architecture of solutions for ETL pipelines.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and current/emerging technologies and dissipate information into the relevant parts of the business.
- Expertise in Azure and Microsoft cloud services and applications
- Expertise and experience in creation of and delivery of platform services
- Expertise in managing containerisation solutions in a production environment.
- Expertise in container orchestration technologies, preferably Kubernetes
- Experience in designing and creating containerized CI/CD pipelines
- Expertise in automation tools and configuration management e.g, Terraform and Ansible.
- Expertise in logging, monitoring and tracing solution for a microservice architecture.
- Experience with real-time data processing
- Good understanding of code and experience with databases
- Good understanding of Security and Security practices
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch