This is a great opportunity to immerse yourselves in the Industry. This is what we refer to as People Engagement. Ascent helps our partners onboard teams and particular skills directly in their business whilst still employed with Ascent in our Sofia office.
About the Client:
Owned by Private Equity Investor Marcol and based in Amsterdam, the company is a pan-European collection of B2C healthcare brands that deliver the in-store pharmacy experience in a digital age. Comprised of businesses that have been in operation since 2006, and experiencing record growth, the company brands receive over 20 million unique visits annually across the continent and further afield, including customers in the Far East taking advantage of the high-quality service and wide product selection.
We are looking for an experienced Manual QA Engineer to join our platform team. The company has been rebuilding the base product sets on which its services are based using the latest technologies and products including Spryker engine, Drupal, Next.js, Akeneo, Golang, Istio, Kubernetes, Elastic Search and much more. We are seeking an outgoing, energetic, and above all talented individual who can period of high growth, including further international expansion and changes to its core proposition. This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for the right candidate to grow into a more responsible position in a team as the business enters new markets, adopts new technologies and your expertise to bring to life.
You’ll be accountable for delivering best-in-class engineering, best practices,s, and standards whilst part of a team of high-caliber technology professionals building a class-defining product.
Required Skills and Qualifications. The ideal candidate must:
• Have strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
• Be able to write clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Demonstrate good knowledge of SQL
• Have experience with cross-browser testing
• Have knowledgeable testing experience with API’s
• Have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Have excellent written and spoken English communication skills
• Be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment
• Proven at least 2 years work experience in software quality assurance
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
• Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
• Monitor debugging process results
• Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
The following skills would be considered an asset:
• Knowledge in some key e-commerce principles
• Understanding of performance, load, and security testing principles and best practices
The contract will be signed with Ascent.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch