This is a great opportunity to immerse yourselves in the Industry. This is what we refer to as People Engagement. Ascent helps our partners onboard teams and particular skills directly in their business whilst still employed with Ascent in our Sofia office.
About the Client:
BDO is an international network of public accounting, tax, and advisory firms, the BDO Member Firms, which perform professional services under the name of BDO. The global network provides advisory services in 167 countries, with around 91,000 people working out of 1,658 offices worldwide. The combined fee income of all the BDO Member Firms was $10.3 billion in 2020. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms.
Service provision within the international BDO network is coordinated by Brussels Worldwide Services BVBA, a limited liability company incorporated in Belgium with its statutory seat in Brussels.
To reinforce our Global IT team, BWS is seeking a Business Analyst for our internal software deployments supporting our network’s Audit and Assurance practices.
The overall objective of the position:
This role will focus on the architecture of data services developed and The Solution architect is a member of the architecture team. The SA is responsible for designing new solutions, redesigning existing solutions, and vetting solutions proposed by integration partners while adhering to the Global IT architecture standards defined.
The SA is also responsible for maintaining, creating, and or updating the architecture artefacts like documentation in functional, non-functional, and technical areas per solution as well as providing input into overarching architecture documentation.
Key to this role will be the ability to manage all the architectural guidance in projects and the ability to drive the architectural governance of projects to the desired outcome that is in line with the longer-term architecture vision and standards in BDO Global IT.
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Guide coach the development teams and data engineers around architectural data topics.
- Adhere and contribute to BDO Secure Development policies and play a proactive role in making sure applications are secure by design.
- Adhere to BDO Change Management procedures.
- Adhere and contribute to the BDO Architecture standards and guidelines.
- Communicating effectively with the BDO Lead Solution Architect, Product Manager, Architecture & Infrastructure Manager, Program Manager BDO Global IT and other key stakeholders.
- Support Level 3 investigations
- Provide leadership to other team members working in an Agile environment.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
1. College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science.
2. Expert skill level with 2 to 5 years experience with the following technologies:
- Azure PaaS Data Services
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- CI/CD and source control
- ETL techniques and principles
- Data modeling
- Master Data Management
- Data Visualization
3. Candidate qualities to be successful in the Data Analyst role:
- Experienced in designing and implementing data platform, reporting, and analytics solutions in the Microsoft Azure ecosystem.
- Familiarity with Agile Project Management and methodologies desired.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch