This is a great opportunity to immerse yourselves in the Industry. This is what we refer to as a People Engagement. Ascent helps our partners onboard teams and particular skills directly in their business whilst still employed with Ascent in our Sofia Office.
About the Client:
BDO is an international network of public accounting, tax and advisory firms, the BDO Member Firms, which perform professional services under the name of BDO. The global network provides advisory services in 167 countries, with around 91,000 people working out of 1,658 offices worldwide. The combined fee income of all the BDO Member Firms was $10.3 billion in 2020. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms.
Service provision within the international BDO network is coordinated by Brussels Worldwide Services BVBA, a limited liability company incorporated in Belgium with its statutory seat in Brussels.
To reinforce our Global IT team, BWS is seeking a Business Analyst for our internal software deployments supporting our network’s Audit and Assurance practices.
Overall objective of the position:
A Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can be used for providing reporting and insights to assist in business decisions.
The Data Analysts will gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Data Analysts will make recommendations about the methods and ways in which BDO will obtains, analyse, report and present the data to the consumer of the data.
The functions of the role will focus on:
- Data Analysis: what data we have and the relationships that can be derived from it
- Reporting Analysis: gain insights into the reporting outputs required from the varying stakeholders and determine if the data can achieve these outcomes
- Data Mapping; transforming the data into structured reporting model (preferably the Microsoft Common Data Model)
- Data Capture: determining the best way to acquire data from firms and store the data centrally
- Data Architecture; working with the GIT Architecture team on the best methods for storing, processing, and making the data consumable (leveraging the Azure Synapse Stack)
- Data Security: working with the GIT Architecture team on using IAM to secure the data based on roles/groups to be defined.
- Data Presentation; working with the business users (Global Office Staff Initially), business analyst and UX team members on the presentation layer for the data within a BDO World Reporting portal
- Reporting: working with the business team on how to consume the data sets within Excel, PowerBI or other reporting methods
The following key accountabilities are required from the role holder:
- Identifying, preparing, 'crunching', analysing and presenting data utilising available technologies.
- Responding to requests for information by summarising and analysing internal and external data sources.
- Analysing information using statistical/data analysis techniques.
- Providing guidance and support to business in determining and recommending information needs.
- Designing and constructing databases to facilitate ongoing generation of specific reports required by the business.
- Liaising with database specialists to develop queries and extract required data from business databases.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
1. A degree in the following subjects is beneficial in developing a career in data analysis:
- Computer Science
2. Candidate qualities to be successful in the Data Analyst role:
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
3. Technical competencies that are desirable are:
- High level of numeracy.
- Knowledge of database software, including SQL, Excel & Azure Database technologies.
- Well developed skills in Excel, or a commercial statistical software package such as Power BI
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch