About the role:
The company is looking for a highly motivated, results orientated QA Engineer. An individual who is passionate about testing and demonstrates a strong work ethic.
You will be given a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader in e-learning and Human Capital Management. As a part of a rapidly growing technology company, you will play a major role in shaping our future.
As an integral member of the development team building pure-play SaaS solutions, you will play an active role in activities related to the testing of our products. The Kallidus application suite has at its core cutting-edge .Net applications running on IaaS and PaaS infrastructure in Azure.
The QA Engineer will be responsible for the analysis of product documentation to identify the most relevant and effective testing of these products. You will also work with stakeholders during the development process to understand requirements and gather feedback.
You should have excellent software testing skills and a desire to do automation in the near future.
Your daily responsibilities as a QA will be:
• Execution of the agreed set of test cases.
• Use of central management tracking database for tracking/reporting – Azure DevOps (experience with TFS, Jira, or Version1 is also applicable).
• Execution of User Acceptance testing, installation & upgrade tests, bugs triage.
• Analyze documentation in order to produce tests plans, test cases and provide peer review of them.
Key personality traits:
• Desire to learn new skills in the software testing field (writing automated tests, building testing environments, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and oral.
• Attention to detail and methodical worker.
• Proactive and supportive team player.
• Ability to act independently.
• Quick to learn new techniques and be eager to embrace new challenges.
• A passion for software testing and quality assurance as well as career development in this area.
• Positive attitude towards change and a fast-paced environment.
• Can-do approach towards development initiatives, methodologies, and working practices
Required Skills and Experience:
The following skills/experience are necessary:
• Graduate or equivalent qualification.
• Knowledge of web-based applications and browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge, Chrome Safari).
• Knowledge of testing techniques and behavior-driven development
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• 2 years of experience in a similar role
The following skills/qualifications are advantageous:
• Software testing relevant accreditation.
• Experience with C# is preferable (Java is optional as well).
• Experience with version control tools
• Practical knowledge and experience of a structured development life cycle, such as Agile or Scrum.
Why join us?
These are just some of the reasons to work for us:
• The company is technology-based, not just a company that does I.T. You will have the opportunity to work with innovative products and contribute to our already award-winning solutions.
• We are a fast-growing company with a great working environment. We are open, friendly, and supportive, but most importantly we are not afraid to try out new things.
• Were possible we use the latest technologies and frameworks.
• Our staff have access to modern equipment and often work with the latest technologies and frameworks.
• We offer good competitive salaries and employee benefits.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch