Immediate is the special interest content and platform company. Our fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to over 1,000 people across eight divisions. Immediate owns and operates some of the best-loved brands in the UK – brand like Top Gear, BBC good Food and Radio Times. And, we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 87 million global passionate consumers each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
About the role:
Reporting to the team’s Scrum Master, the successful candidate will be passionate about quality and will go over and above ensuring consistent high standards are met across Immediate digital platforms and look to drive high standards for all deliveries; cultivating an environment of quality and encouraging others to consider it at all stages.
You’ll be joining an established development team so being a team player, a great communicator, and an observant and transparent individual who can identify problems early, report and escalate where necessary is key to the role. We’ll be looking for a keen learner, who continually wants to improve, to grow their own skills, their team’s skills and adapt to new tools and processes.
- Acting as an integrated member of the development team, working closely to ensure the integrity and quality of changes to the products.
- Acting as a QA role model; understanding the grasp of quality in the development team and coaching them to higher levels.
- Taking responsibility for representing QA at all team ceremonies.
- Ensuring the execution of comprehensive functional, non-functional, user acceptance and regression tests.
- Communicating bugs early and effectively, managing issues until they are resolved.
- Considering and conducting exploratory testing to increase test coverage and maximise discovery of bugs and defects
- Work with other QA analysts to develop standards, best practices and guidelines. Ensure these are understood and adhered to by our teams.
- Collaborate with other team members and the Product Manager to help plan new functionality or major enhancements
- Foster good working relationships with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders
- Significant web and mobile testing experience.
- Experience of cross browser and mobile responsive testing across a wide range of browsers / mobile devices
- Experience with the Behaviour Driven Development Methodology
- Experience in automated testing and willing to broaden your testing skill set through the latest automation tools and techniques.
- Experience with Source Control Management (SCM) e.g. Git
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and the importance of continuous testing.
- Experience in manual API testing with Postman
- Detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Experience in accessibility testing
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile environment.
- An observant and transparent individual; you can identify problems early, report and escalate where necessary, and be able to articulate progress, both internally and externally.
- Great communication, listening and negotiating skills with colleagues and stakeholders.
Areas of Beneficial Interest (not essential):
- Automated API testing
- Performance testing
- AWS / Docker / Jenkins
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch