Immediate is the special interest content and platform company. Our fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to over 1,000 people across eight divisions. Immediate owns and operates some of the best-loved brands in the UK – brands like Top Gear, BBC Good Food, and Radio Times.
About the role:
You’ll be working on Fabric, our digital publishing platform serving over 60 million unique users per month with great content from our brands. We use a variety of tools to help us deliver the right experience for our users at scale, considering best practice accessibility, performance, and SEO. Our frontend stack includes multiple applications using React, Next.js, and Storybook; using data from API services and a WordPress CMS.
Reporting to the team’s Scrum Master, the successful candidate will be expected to develop, maintain, and support our digital products in accordance with the business and technology objectives.
- Immerse yourself in our technical ecosystem; current and legacy
- Develop and test new user-facing features, and support existing ones, across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices
- Build reusable code, components, and libraries for future use
- Optimize pages, code, and assets for maximum speed and scalability against an agreed performance budget
- Supporting and mentoring other developers within your team, taking an active role in their professional development
- Working with the wider UI team to develop our standards, best practices, and guidelines. Ensure these are understood and adhered to by our teams
- Use testing frameworks to ensure automated test coverage for platform functionality
- Collaborate with other team members and the Product Manager to help plan new functionality or major enhancements
- Keep up to date with industry and technical developments
- Write and improve technical documentation when necessary
- Participate in all Agile planning meetings and stand-ups
- Foster good working relationships with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders
- HTML and CSS/SASS
- Understanding of web standards, accessibility, and performance
- Build tools, such as Webpack
- Unit testing
- Git and NPM/Yarn to manage your work and dependencies
- Great communication skills with colleagues and stakeholders.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch