Immediate is the special interest content and platform company. Our fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to over 1,000 people across eight divisions. Immediate owns and operates some of the best-loved brands in the UK – brands like Top Gear, BBC Good Food, and Radio Times.
Immediate owns and operates some of the best-loved brands in the UK – brands like Top Gear, BBC Good Food, and Radio Times. And, we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 87 million global passionate consumers each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
Our heritage as a leading magazine media company means we focus on creating high-quality, valuable content and services for our audiences. As well as being world-class at magazines, we are increasingly world-class across a range of digital platforms and business models.
From Video to eCommerce and Marketplaces: we're creating exciting new experiences for our consumers, delivering effective solutions for our commercial partners, and growing our business.
- Work closely with all members of the team to deliver high-quality code that is tested and delivered across the full
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies, including planning meetings, stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Ensure all code is tested and code reviewed to the highest standards
- Adapt quickly to changing environments, concepts, and emerging technologies to assist in the future roadmap of our products and consumer experiences
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the craftsmanship and engineering aspects of software development
- Have an active role in mentoring and coaching other developers
- Assist with the recruitment of new developers
- Contribute to processes, documentation, and best practices
- PHP Frameworks (e.g. Symfony, Laravel, etc.)
- RESTful API development and consumption
- Database migration strategies
- Caching solutions
- Unit testing with the use of mocks and dependency injection e.g. PHPUnit
- Integrated development environments and debugging
- Source Control Management (SCM) e.g. Git
- Object-oriented principles
- SOLID principles and common design patterns
- Software development best practices
- Agile Scrum methodologies
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch