If you believe that the way software looks, the ease of use and the wow factor are critical to a software project, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Design and develop new websites and applications for client projects and internal products
- Develop back-end infrastructure for pages and applications, including databases and API endpoints
- Build using mobile responsive frameworks
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Self-starter who can manage and prioritise their own workload
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Assess software security to ensure that data remain secure
- Maintain websites by checking for errors, broken links, and hacking attempts
- Meet with clients and colleagues to determine requirements and follow up with regular conversations and updates
- Actively Seek New Programming Knowledge
Skills / Experience:
- Good appreciation of design, usability and interactivity, including responsive design
- Clean and readable code writer
- Strong understanding of REST
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them
- Familiarity with Agile software delivery frameworks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Creative skills to turn clients' ideas into workable plans
- Strong understanding of web mark-up including HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with NodeJS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Strong JS debugging skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with container platforms, like Docker
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with R or Python
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch