An opportunity to apply your expertise to evolve the Information Security Management System in a growing business.
Working closely with the management team you will help us deliver through the championing of IS industry best practices and the maturing our IS and Data Protection processes.
On a day-to-day basis, you provide subject matter advise to all business units and participate in InfoSec and Data Protection process evolution. You’ll evolve and monitor the effectiveness of our Information Security Management program and its application. You will complete risk assessments and maintain our Information Security program that supports our governance, risk, and compliance mandate.
- Have a diligent and inquisitive approach to the application of information security practices and principals
- Hold knowledge of compliance against ISO 27001
- Have strong IT skills
- Be able to apply a robust knowledge of technical security controls
- Evolve and oversee ISMS including developing and maintaining information security policies and procedures, SOPs, and GDPR related documentation.
- Coordinate internal efforts in maintenance of relevant information security standards and a culture of continuous improvement
- Increase awareness of Information Security Management through development and delivery of, communications and high-level support (with the training team)
- Manage response to Client's Information Security questionnaires
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments
- Work with third party Consultants as appropriate on required security assessments and audits
- Follow-up on issues identified through internal and external assessments
- Experience coordinating or supporting IS programs.
- Experience auditing systems, applications against standards and policies.
- Knowledge of compliance against ISO 27001.
- Information Security Qualification desired but not essential.
- Able to communicate, influence and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Demonstrate good judgement in navigating challenging issues and in recommending an appropriate course of action.
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail in terms of both tasks and communications
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch