Are you a natural problem solver, at your best when you’re helping end users? If so, then we’re looking for people like you to join our Global IT Team as 2nd Line Support Specialists!
What we’re looking for
We’re growing our team and have openings for 2nd Line Support Specialists to join us. We provide quality IT services to end-users and support staff in accordance with BDO Global IT service management processes, to agreed service levels. As well as a point of contact for end-users and providing 2nd level application support to 1st and 2nd level support staff, this position delivers the efficient classification, prioritisation and resolution of customer incidents & service requests.
What you’ll do
Our team is focussed on several critical areas of support.
- Support of incidents and service requests according to established IT Service Management (ITSM) processes and procedures – this is where you’ll provide support to incidents and service management requests in line with our ITSM processes. You’ll make sure things are accurately recorded, tracking progress and escalate when needed.
- You will help onboard new users and off-board leavers, and help with user training and issuing assess
- You will also be an application champion for an assigned suite of line of business services.
- We play a big role in Knowledge Management, creating records to document identified workarounds, known errors and related procedures
- The team also looks at standardisation and documentation of common procedures that cannot be easily automated, for execution by other resources or teams and we support them with training
- Where possible, we prefer automation of common procedures used to resolve Incidents and Change Requests
- The Support team also plays a large part in Incident/Problem management, monitoring and liaising with support teams to drive issue resolution and enhance communication with the client
- This is a role with late shifts and some on call requirements, so the ability to work in some defined patterns is important.
What you’ll need
We are looking for proven expertise as a support specialist, delivering Information Technology support in a complex, professional environment. Fundamental knowledge of the ITIL framework or other IT Service Management methodologies as essential, and we will be looking for your first-hand knowledge from time spent in an ITIL based environment, working to defined standards. Skills in MS Office productivity, communication & collaboration technologies (e.g. MS Office/Lync etc.) are essential, and although not essential, knowing SharePoint front-end, some SQL scripting or JSON-PERL for encoding would be really valuable.
We want to work with people who can learn quickly and enjoy working in a complex business with lots of different stakeholders. We will be looking for evidence of your initiative and integrity, and you should be someone who can take accountability for your work, and contributing to the team’s successes overall. You’ll need to have excellent English language proficiency.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch