The creative mind behind every project. Put your skills to the test to build solutions that continue to shape the world we live in.
About the role:
We specialize in building bespoke software for global businesses and have a team of highly skilled and multi-disciplined engineers. Our primary focus is to deliver exceptional value to our customers and as such are proponents of Agile methodologies.
This role is a full-time contract position and you may work 100% remotely from home.
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and spoken English communication skills
- A proactive and autonomous approach towards work
- Experience working across a variety of different languages
- Ability to work on large codebases which require patience to understand
- High-quality coding standards
- Strong team ethic; keen to help other team members succeed
Delivering exceptional value to our customers is imperative. The ideal candidate is the perfect brand ambassador; a brilliant technical mind with the accompanying interpersonal skills necessary to function in a team environment.
As an Ascent developer, you will work in a small and close-knit group. Our mindset is focused on constant iteration and improvement.
Required Skills and Experience:
- AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis, API Gateway, CodeBuild)
- Alexa skills (smart home and custom)
- Google actions (smart home)
- Understanding of serverless architectures
- Serverless framework
- Functional Programming (experience of Ramda.js beneficial)
- Working with key stakeholders (will have regular contact with Amazon/Google as well as product and marketing people)
- Comfortable making key technical decisions
- TDD/BDD (we use AVA.js)
- Monorepos (Lerna)
- Node.js private package management
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch