At Ascent, support is more than just fire-fighting. Quality is at the heart of everything we do, and we proactively strive to exceed customer expectations!
About the role
As the head of a team supporting a number of products and services within the Ascent Group, you will have the opportunity to:
- Thrive in a supportive, creative learning culture
- Collaborate with highly skilled, inspiring individuals
- Get involved in an exciting array of projects
- Deliver our world class training
- Enjoy a flexible work/life balance
- Make a big difference to clients, colleagues, and your career
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing Service desk incidents to meet Support SLAs
- Escalation of support issues, when required
- Assisting other members of the support team
- Service Desk reporting and performance dashboard
- Monitoring of case resolutions within the support team.
- Ensuring team KPI’s are met.
- Effectively managing, developing, and training the service desk team.
- Ensuring that all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Conducting and sharing results from service and operation performance reviews.
- Promoting the service desk with senior management and working to ensure that it is properly viewed as a core business asset.
- Communications and status updates to stakeholders and teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience of managing a support team, or demonstrable capability
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent customer service
- Good understanding of general server, workstation, storage and networking technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Highly motivated - Sets and achieves challenging goals
- Quality management - ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to motivate self and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch