This is a perfect opportunity for individuals with a drive and determination to become part of an innovative and energetic team driving value from customer data.
This is a challenging new role to support Mango’s continued growth strategy in Data Science and Advanced Analytics. In 2020 Mango was acquired by Horizon Capital and now operates as part of the Ascent Software Group. Aligning Software with Data provides a powerful platform through which we engage some of the world’s leading brands in long term strategic digital transformation.
The Data Practice is a multi-disciplinary team of data professionals working across multiple functions to provide an end-to-end data solution for our customers. Whilst the Data Science space is mature, our capacity in Engineering and Business Intelligence is at early-stage development and evolving. The project pipeline is exciting and strong in respect to these evolving areas, and we are now seeking to extend capability and capacity to deliver.
As a Business Intelligence expert, you’ll work to design and create clear and intuitive reports and dashboards to communicate business metrics and KPIs that help create a more ‘informed’ organisation. Your work will directly allow our customers’ leadership to better understand their business, enabling more informed discussions and decision making.
As a part of the Data Practice, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work as part of a multi-skilled delivery team on client engagements.
- Work on-site with data professionals and customers to understand their data problems, identify needs and develop solutions
- Work on data integration solutions using a wide array of technologies and data-sources
- Work with big data components and migration strategies
- Work with a range of reporting tools (eg PowerBI, Tableau), analytic tools (R/Python) and software development tools (eg JS).
- Help our clients excel.
- Must have strong Analytical Dashboards, Paginated Reports, MS Azure SQL Server and experience in creating, delivering and supporting enterprise scale data warehouse solutions across standard cloud platforms
- Strong ability to define, track and report key metrics to assess overall business health, delivering in depth analysis on business performance and drivers as well as forecasts and targets
- SQL Server (SSAS, SSIS SSRS), including Excellent T-SQL skills
- Experience of working in Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) in Tabular Models and Power BI
- Deep understanding of manipulating and analysing complex, high volume data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- Experience of building and designing dashboards via a range of reporting tools, especially in PowerBI
- Able to provide actionable insights on how to improve business services
- Presentation skills with high degree of comfort with both large and small audience
- Keep up to date with relevant technologies and current trends
- Willingness to travel, and work at client sites is essential
- Ability to fly or drive to client sites including international travel
- Applicants must have the right to work in EU.
Applications are considered from candidates that have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in BI. Opportunities exist for Junior to Senior BI Developer roles. Candidates will be offered roles commensurate with experience.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch