Join our team of Technical Architects and help our software development teams to translate complex requirements into functional architecture.
About the role
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
You will have at least 10 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a software developer or in a similar role, with a real desire to be customer-facing. Previous experience and responsibility for architectural decisions (even if in an unofficial capacity) is expected.
- Be present with the development team on projects, particularly in the initial and/or transformational stages, to ensure that the right architectural choices are being made
- Be involved in presales activities with new and existing clients to provide architectural input to discussions and proposals
- Provide guidance and direction with architectural decisions throughout the project lifetime
- Provide hands-on assistance to teams, possibly for an extended period of time, to bootstrap complex solutions
- Spend 30–70% of your time writing code
- Be involved in multiple projects concurrently (based on time allocation)
- Establish and promote coding standards and best practices
- Help in harmonizing technologies across the organization
- Act as a discipline lead in one or more disciplines to grow internal knowledge and skills
- Keep up to date with, and act as an internal evangelist for, Azure technologies in view of our partnership with Microsoft
Required skills and qualifications:
- At least 10 years of software development experience in .NET
- At least 3 years of experience in Azure using PaaS technologies
- At least 2 years of experience in a client-facing, decision making role
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent team player and collaboration
- Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET Core
- Deep knowledge of cloud-based distributed solutions
- Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with CI/CD, preferably using Azure DevOps
- Experience in source control and collaboration tools like Git and Azure DevOps
- Experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – Understand the dynamics of a team and how to be an effective contributor
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication – conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail – ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Azure certifications are highly desirable.
- Specialisation in Security, Scalability and Performance, or Data are considered a very valuable asset
- Experience with IaC, using ARM or Terraform templates (or similar)
- Experience in microservice architectures
- Experience in React or Angular
- Knowledge of domain-driven design
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a bonus but not required
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch