This is a great opportunity to immerse yourselves in the Industry. This is what we refer to as a People Engagement. Ascent helps our partners onboard teams and particular skills directly in their business whilst still employed with Ascent in our Sofia Office.
About the Customer:
OSF Digital is a top digital transformation specialist and leading global commerce solutions company that possesses expertise in omnichannel integrations, internationalization, and commerce optimization and help brands succeed against the challenges present in the world’s rapidly changing digital environment.
OSF is looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer. An individual who leads by example and demonstrates a strong work ethic. You will be given a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader in providing Digital Transformation services. As a part of a rapidly growing technology company, you will play a major role in shaping the digital journey of international brands.
- Architect and design leading ecommerce solutions that support industry leading best practices in technology, features, performance and scalability.
- Responsible for the technical design of client solutions. This includes a lead role in project discovery and definition workshops, creating scope and development estimates, and documenting requirements and designs. Collaborates with Project Managers, Business Analysts and customers to design and deploy robust ecommerce solutions across traditional web, mobile, tablet and in-store applications.
- Provide technical direction and guidance, development oversight, and support the successful delivery of projects. Coach and mentor customers and developers as they learn to implement on SalesForce Commerce Cloud.
- Provide technical problem resolution to complex issues.
- Contribute to on-going process and methodology improvements.
- Work with cross functional teams such as engineering and product management to provide feedback and support the evolution of the product.
- Work closely with Sales team – participate in Discovery/Sales meetings, prepare estimates & proposals for getting new opportunities.
- Be part of the RFI\RFP response team for delivering estimates for new projects.
- Analyze customer functional and technical requirements and propose the most suitable strategy for frameworks and tools to be used.
- Supervise and participate in the development of the Technical Specification Documentation.
- Be in charge of the Technical Specification Documents required for a Commerce Cloud project and comply with the SRA requirements from SalesForce. Write and review technical documents, create diagrams and flow documents when necessary.
- Create Proof of Concepts\Prototypes for exemplifying the implementation for the team or the clients when required.
- Assure that the technical solutions proposed are in alignment for delivering a high performance for the application.
- Work closely with the Technical Leaders for making sure the technical guidelines and best practices are applied.
- Participate in the code review sessions during development to make sure that the technical guidelines and best practices are applied.
- Coach\Mentor potential candidates for Senior Developer\Technical Lead\Solution Architect.
- Raise any concerns\red flags to the PM's of the projects where best practices or technical guidance is not respected.
- Drive and closely watch development teams when complex solutions have to be implemented.
- Revise estimates delivered by project teams both from a cost and technical approach perspective.
- Participate in the periodical assessments of the team.
- Lead code builds, release management and deployments.
- Launch new projects in the Commerce Cloud Production environment and manage the full process of getting a project Live with all the dependencies
Required Skills and Experience
- Technical Architecture experience designing and implementing complex enterprise applications in B2C and B2B eCommerce solutions.
- Good knowledge of using code versioning tools with branching management skills.
- Build tools experience (webpack, gulp, grunt) and knowledge of the web package managers (yarn, npm).
- Experience implementing REST web services.
- Strong OO foundation.
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions.
- Direct customer facing and implementation delivery experience.
- Strong documentation skills.
- BS or BA (in Computer Science or related field preferred).
- 5+ years work experience; with 3+ years in professional services/consulting.
- Prior experience leading and working with geographically dispersed development teams.
- Experience in providing technical solutions to complex functionalities on at least 3-4 projects
- Good understanding of the server side architecture and logic
Key personality traits:
- Attention to detail and methodical worker.
- Proactive and supportive team player.
- Ability to act independently.
- Quick to learn new techniques and be eager to embrace new challenges.
- Can-do approach towards development initiatives, methodologies and working practices
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch