At the heart of every organisation, the HR team is there to care, assist and develop each individual and the organisation as a whole.
ABOUT THE ROLE
There are currently 80 employees in UK, under a number of different entities, and including most of Ascent’s executive team and our Data business, Mango. This number is expected to grow by up to 50% this year organically and potentially further double through acquisition. We are looking for a flexible and proactive HR manager to be responsible for all things UK in HR and to provide strong support to the global HR Director on global initiatives and projects.
Business Partnering (UK)
Working with the key Executives (Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance) to support and advise on areas such as:
- Organisation Development
- Compensation & Benefits
- Employee engagement and retention
- Graduate schemes
- UK HR business partner and operations support
- UK benefits including provider relationships
- UK policies and contract terms
- Employment law advice and structural change management
- Monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting
- Overseeing and supporting existing UK HR team members
- Supporting global HR Director in all aspects
- Specific Group projects, depending on experience
The role demands a smart, pragmatic and versatile individual with a strong HR background and keenness to work in a fast paced, successful and growing organisation. You will enjoy working with intelligent and ambitious internal customers, and be inspired by a growth and change agenda. You will enjoy the challenge of balancing a longer term strategic approach with the ability to respond quickly and meet short term requirements. You will ideally have experience of working in a small business where you have been exposed to all aspects of HR, as well as having larger company experience where you have seen HR operate as a strategic contributor.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant generalist HR experience gained in both large and small organisations
- Strong knowledge of UK HR operations and employment law
- Good knowledge across a range of strategic HR subject areas
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Numerate, comfortable with software applications, Excel capability
- Team player, working well within an HR team and with line managers
- Resilience and ability to embrace change
- Aligned with Ascent Values and behaviours:
- High performance
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch