If you believe the way software looks, ease of use and the wow factor are critical to a software project, then this is your opportunity for you.
About the role
We are looking for two new frontend developers to work alongside our UX and design functions to create high quality web-based sites & applications. We work in a high growth environment with varied products and projects and within multi-disciplinary teams. You will need to have a strong attention to detail, and a very good understanding of visual design and mapping that fit into a variety of device modes and platforms.
- Implementing new designs and features with a very fine attention to detail and understanding of the users’ needs
- Have influence over the technologies and tooling
- Building reusable and scalable implementations
- Optimising sites and applications for frontend performance
- Ensuring the feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders to help define outcomes
- Work with the backend teams to ensure APIs and functionality is aligned
- Helping to shape our frontend development capabilities as we grow
Skills and Experience
- Highly proficient in frontend markup, including modern HTML5 & CSS3 and derivatives
- Strong understanding of common template engines and pre-processing engines
- Proficient in client-side ES6 and JS and at least one of their major frameworks
- Good understanding of performance techniques, aysnc request handling, and the various modern techniques introduced in recent years
- Experienced with working as part of a team, including associated tooling such as Git, DevOps etc
- Ability to self-solve basic design and imaging issues with common image authoring and design tooling such as Photoshop & Sketch
- Ability to demonstrate experience in testing outputs over different platforms and devices
- Exposure to backend systems, APIs, and more complex development environments is a bonus
- Exposure to Azure-based technologies is a bonus
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch