This is a great opportunity to immerse yourselves in the Industry. This is what we refer to as a People Engagement. Ascent helps our partners onboard teams and particular skills directly in their business whilst still employed with Ascent in our Sofia Office.
About the Customer:
Founded in 2000, Kallidus have built a loyal and rapidly growing customer base, including many leading brands across a diverse range of sectors.
With recent investment funding, new management team members, and continuous product development, Kallidus is one of the UK’s fastest-growing software companies that provide solutions to develop your people and support the entire employee lifecycle from initial hire to high flyer.
Kallidus is looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Senior Software Developer. An individual who leads by example and demonstrates a strong work ethic.
You will be given a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader in e-learning and Human Capital Management. As a part of a rapidly growing technology company, you will play a major role in shaping our future.
The Kallidus application suite has at its core .Net applications running on IaaS and PaaS infrastructure in Azure. Leading team to develop Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions, you will drive, plan and coordinate activities related to the design, development, and maintenance of our products. You will motivate staff; assigning tasks, ensuring projects are efficiently delivered, while driving continuous improvement and best practice.
- Implementation of systems/product architecture.
- Estimation of functional/technical business requirements.
- Translating functional/technical business requirements into application code.
- Provide peer review of design and implementations produced by other team members.
- Continue to review, evolve and deliver best software development standards, technology, tools and principles.
Key personality traits:
- Attention to detail and methodical worker.
- Proactive and supportive team player.
- Ability to act independently.
- Quick to learn new techniques and be eager to embrace new challenges.
- Positive attitude towards change and a fast-paced environment.
- Can-do approach towards development initiatives, methodologies and working practices
Required Skills and Experience
The following skills/experience are necessary:
- Three or more years in similar role.
- Strong commercial experience with Microsoft C# and .Net technologies (e.g. .Net Framework, .Net Core).
- Good understanding of databases, data stores, and related technologies (e.g. SQL Server, DocumentDB, Redis, Entity Framework).
- Good understanding of best practices, especially Agile.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Solid time management, organisational and analytical skills.
- Provide support to other team members and value others and their opinions.
- You must have a passion for emerging technologies and new concepts.
The following skills/experience are advantageous:
- University degree in computer systems design or computer science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment strategies (CI/CD).
- Knowledge of Elastic Search.
- Experience with developing on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Practical knowledge and experience of a structured development life cycle.
- The ability to operate whilst under time pressure and to demanding constraints.
- Knowledge of Event Driven software architecture.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch