About the company:
Owned by Private Equity Investor Marcol and based in London, the company help businesses manage and reduce absence, increase productivity and support employee wellbeing. Founded in 2006 and experiencing record growth, the company manage over 1,000,000 unique interactions from employees every year, and their service is used by organisations such as Coca-Cola, the National Health Service and British Airways.
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic and above all highly talented individual who can demonstrate considerable prowess in test engineering as the development of the company’s technology platform enters a period of high change, including international expansion and changes to its core proposition.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to step up to senior position in a team as the business enters new markets, adopts new technologies and makes its customers lives safer and more productive. There’s no legacy here, just forward facing, modern languages, products and concepts which require your expertise and passion to take in to the future.
You’ll be highly skilled in testing technologies, best practice and standards working within a team of high calibre technology professionals building a class defining product.
- Development of automated and manual test strategies for web applications
- Significant (5 years), real-word experience of automated testing, including the creation of test scripts and management of the tooling to support these processes
- Significant experience analysing user stories for their testing requirements both functional and non-functional
- Extensive, practical experience of working with modern tools, practices, testing principles
- Healthcare or other industry where data are classed as ‘sensitive’ and technical decisions reflect this
- A lifelong learner and born problem-solver who makes an effort to keep themselves up to date with modern developments
- You’ll genuinely love what you do and will bring a positive and upbeat style to the team
- You’ll speak and write English well and will understand the importance of clear and timely communications
- You’ll be comfortable taking tough decisions but will do so in a collegiate manner and with the broad support of the team
- You’ll be comfortable working with light supervision and will understand how to optimise upwards and downwards management of the teams’ technical challenges.
- You’ll ideally have worked in a remote team setup before and will have strategies to ensure that the team feel part of something bigger
- You’ll have the characteristics of a completer/finisher and an eye for detail
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch