The Ascent business is growing rapidly and the development hub in Sofia is a key centre of growth. We are looking for an experienced manager to join our team to help us oversee projects, teams and customer relationships.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role demands an agile, collaborative, and versatile individual with both technical and people skills. It may suit a successful team leader with solid software development experience looking to broaden their experience and ready to take a role in shaping an organisation, or an existing team manager looking for their next challenge in a highly successful and fast paced environment. Either way, this role will give you invaluable experience and opportunities to develop your career.
Delivery Engagements (Projects)
- Assisting with engagement kick-offs
- Overseeing engagements
- 1-to-1 with Team Leads and Developers
- Performs appraisals and follow-ups with Team Leads Acts as escalation point for the development teams
- Reports technical project status back to the business
- Identifies resource and engagement challenges
- Identifies any skill gaps and determines training needs
- Interview to assess technical and cultural fit
- Assisting with on-boarding / bench training
- Induction & Culture
- Growing the team
- Building induction / training collateral
- Organising workshops
- Supports new client opportunities and leads
- Performs high-level follow-ups with customers
- Understanding resourcing requirements
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience (Azure/.NET preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in leading teams
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills, team-building and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work across different engagements effectively
- Strong experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – Understand the dynamics of a team and how to be an effective leader
- Can-do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch