We’re delighted to welcome Mango to the Ascent family!
THRIVE AS A Validation Engineer WITH MANGO
Mango are looking for a Validation Engineer to join our ValidR team.
Mango’s product, ValidR allows our clients to enjoy the capability and cost-effectiveness of the R language – minus the risk and compliance concerns of open-source software. ValidR allows them to safely exploit the power of the world’s most popular analytic language and unlock the true value in their data.
What you’ll do
- Investigate: Assess R packages for maturity and quality. Define functionality by creating requirements
- Remediate: Write unit tests to ensure the package satisfies the requirements
- Review: all stages of the ValidR process are reviewed by a second person
- Approve: Provide a final verdict on the package validation
- Improve: continually look for ways to improve our processes
Our ideal Validation Engineer will have:
- A passion for quality that only a tester would understand
- Good understanding of software engineering principles
- An appreciation of software best practices – testing, version control, CI
- Knowledge of at least one programming language – you will need R for this role
- Strong communication skills
- A great team ethos
- An eye for detail
- Initiative and creativity
All of the technical requirements for this role are things that we can teach – Mango delivers world class R training – if you have the underlying software experience, a passion for helping produce a world class quality software product, and are excited by this role please get in touch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to be flexible in order to make this role work for the right candidate, please speak to us about what this means to you.
Find out more about working for Mango.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch