We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in UK, Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 330+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for a CRM and Power Platform Developer
Ascent is looking for a highly motivated, results orientated CRM and Power Platform Developer. As a senior member of the Development Team you will be delivering cutting edge solutions, you will play an active role in activities related to the design, development, and maintenance of our products.
Required skills and qualifications:
• At least 5 years of software development experience in Microsoft CRM and Power Platform
• At least 1- 2 years of which working in Microsoft Azure cloud
• Strong understanding and past experience of database technology (SQL) and its application.
• Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET Framework
• Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
• Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to work within a team and focus on a common sprint goal while delivering high product and code quality.
• Experience in source control and collaboration tools like GIT and Azure DevOps
• Experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Designing and implementing new functionality in the product based upon backlog items according to the definition of done to the required quality and within the agreed time.
- Involved and vocal participant in the agile ceremonies.
- Collaborate with the product owner to refine backlog items.
- Manage code reviews (pull requests) ensuring quality code.
- Identify, review and mitigate technical risk, issues, and impediments
- Remove impediments that could block the development with respect to technology aspects.
- Applying independence and creativity to problem-solving across backlog items.
- Mentoring other developers.
- Test completed backlog items against acceptance criteria.
- Diagnosing and resolving product bugs identified.
- Maintaining and supporting existing software.
- Maintain required project technical documentation.
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with on call and Public Holiday allowance
- We have great employee benefits such regular team buildings and company events, professional learning platform, opportunities for career progression and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch