**Role is remote in UK / Malta / Bulgaria / Spain / Rest of Europe
We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in UK, Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 330+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition professional to help us accelerate our growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting, dynamic and challenging role for someone at the top of their professional game.
We currently have 4 companies recruiting across Europe and beyond, with a focus in Malta, Bulgaria and UK, recruiting around 100 people pa. We combine volume recruiting methods with specialist search. We expect this to grow to at least 6 companies with at least 6 main recruitment markets, recruiting upwards of 150 people pa.
The role focuses on ensuring we have the strategies, processes and people in place to meet these challenges, and driving the operational excellence to keep up with the pace of growth.
At heart, this is akin to a sales management role – creating the story, collateral and energy required to bring people into the company at pace and quality.
Specific focus areas include:
- Driving the delivery of around 150 new hires per annum, to the right quality, cost and timeframes
- Keeping recruitment markets under review and adjusting strategy accordingly
- Driving sourcing channels and advertising strategies
- Ensuring the competitiveness of our offering against competitors
- Ensuring the recruitment process is efficient and effective, including pipelining candidates and building database
- In conjunction with marketing, ensuring Employer Brand is growing in the market
- In conjunction with marketing, overseeing the website and social media strategy
- Maximise effectiveness of the Applicant Tracking System
- Provide data and metrics for management reporting and optimisation of the process
- Managing recruitment budget
- Managing international recruitment team
- Developing relevant intern and graduate recruitment schemes
We are looking for someone with strong relevant experience in a high volume international recruitment setting who can bring best practice to the role. IT recruiting experience would be an advantage.
- Comfortable working at both an operational and strategic level
- Ability to drive and motivate a proactive recruitment team
- Management and delivery of recruitment targets
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong stakeholder management abilities
- Highly organised
- Analytical ability essential, creativity also an advantage
- Business and commercial acumen
- Resilience and focus
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a senior team
What’s on offer
- Opportunity to work in a high performance rapidly growing company
- Competitive salary package
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch