This is a perfect opportunity for individuals with a drive and determination to become part of an innovative and energetic team driving value from customer data.
About the role
We empower organisations to thrive by fostering a data-driven culture, building an effective data science capability, and delivering value using data science and advanced analytics
We’re a close-knit team of statisticians, maths graduates, scientists and academics; everyone brings something unique to the table, but we all share the same passion for data and delivering insights that drive real business decisions for our customers.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll work to design and create pipelines that transforms data in a scale-able and repeatable way. You will produce efficient code that automates the process of ingesting and cleaning the data and then develop and apply appropriate mechanisms so that data flows toward target data sources as required.
- Work as part of a multi-skilled delivery team on client engagements.
- Work on-site with data professionals and customers to understand their data problems, identify needs and develop solutions
- Work on data integration solutions using a wide array of technologies and data-sources
- Work with big data components and migration strategies
- Work with cloud-based infrastructure (Google, AWS, and Azure) for hosting data solutions/applications.
- Help our clients excel.
- Experience developing ETL and data integration solutions
- Familiarity with SQL Server
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with a relational database (MySQL, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle and other data sources such as Azure Data Lake Storage and Azure Blob Storage)
- Familiarity with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and MDS
- Experience with a general-purpose programming language, Python preferred.
- Familiarity with Azure Data Engineering stack
- Experience working with data warehouse solutions, extracting and processing data in various ways using off-the-shelf tools and open-source tools
- Working with Linux or Windows operating systems and version control systems (Git) (3+ years)
- A consultant who is passionate about adding value to their clients through data
- A team player
- Flexibility to travel to client sites as required
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and technologies, e.g. SCRUM, Kanban, Jira etc
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch