About the company:
BDO is an international network of public accounting, tax and advisory firms, the BDO Member Firms, which perform professional services under the name of BDO. The global network provides advisory services in 144 countries, with 56,389 people working out of 1,264 offices worldwide. The combined fee income of all the BDO Member Firms was $6.4 billion in 2013. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms.
Service provision within the international BDO network is coordinated by Brussels Worldwide Services BVBA, a limited liability company incorporated in Belgium with its statutory seat in Brussels.
To reinforce our Global IT team, BWS is seeking a Business Analyst for our internal software deployments supporting our network’s Audit and Assurance practices.
The IT Training & Communications Specialist will work collaboratively with key business and technology stakeholders to form an appreciation of the scope and capacity of BDO applications, and defines, develops and delivers end user training programs complete with materials, tutorials, instructions, and learning resources such as online modules and guides.
The role holder will be confident in publishing written content as well as public speaking and a devoted educator who is up to date on the latest tools and resources needed to improve employee training and performance. This will be achieved through effective gap analysis, curation and/or identification of learning solutions and will require a strong focus on digital instructional design with the ability to support blended delivery through facilitation of class-room based learning and other methods such as webinars, briefing sessions, etc...
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must:
- Improve the rate of product and service adoption using change management techniques to ensure Business & IT strategic alignment is realised and achieved.
- Stay up to date with vendor products (I.e. Microsoft M365 suite, Adobe and other proprietary products) ensuring that training resources are identified and leveraged before further content is developed.
- Liaise with project teams and business stakeholders to keep abreast of technology/application changes and project deliverables and incorporate into training plans.
- Work closely with SMEs to obtain an in-depth understanding of products, learning objectives and documentation requirements, and translate them into concise, yet compelling content based on intended audiences and use cases.
- Generating regular reports on the progress of training for new & existing staff; focusing on:
- increasing the efficient use of global products and service, leading to improved staff productivity.
- reducing the number of first line support calls for global products and services.
- improving firm staff satisfaction as it pertains to the use of global products and services.
The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Implement effective project management processes to ensure the successful completion of a range of complex projects to embed learning and development strategies, activities, and programs within agreed timeframes.
- Work with project teams and vendors to keep apprised of changes and upcoming developments in applications.
- Communicate software problems and issues to software development and support teams.
- Stay up to date with developments in both commercial and custom-built products and services used in the BDO Network.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, human resources, information technology, or related field.
- Two (2) years’ previous experience as a trainer, corporate training specialist, or related position.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software.
- Experience with technologies and best practices for instructional manuals and teaching platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills (English) with staff and all levels of management.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple concurrent workloads efficiently, balancing priorities among competing needs whilst providing the highest level of value and time management.
- Ability to act on initiative, to work under pressure and exercise judgment.
- Positive and consultative approach to training.
- Ability to build relationships quickly while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Expert level knowledge around Microsoft Modern Workplace, Digital Workspace technologies: MS Office, Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Experience managing, designing, maintaining, and administering training material.
- Confidence in delivering face-to-face (or virtual), classroom-based end-user IT training.
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work collaboratively with subject matter experts and business stakeholders.
- Lead the development and design of effective digital and non-digital learning experiences to ensure contemporary approaches and solutions are implemented regarding learning needs that support successful business outcomes.
- Design, develop, and deliver training programs, across multiple product and service solutions.
- Develop and deliver courses for new and existing products and services, including all course materials, exercises, and skills evaluations.
- Create and communicate training schedules in consultation with executives and managers.
- Provide an effective learning environment and deliver training to diverse audiences.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch