A critical client facing role that will require you to understand the customer business to be able to provide value by recommending impactful solutions through effective communication with the technical team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We think that the Product Owner is the most important delivery role in our business, connecting our teams to the customer’s product vision and business priorities. They effectively own customer value, ensuring our work delivers transformational, high impact outcomes. They are crucial to project success
A day in the life of a Product Owner
- Articulate value and impact for the customer at a product, technical and organisational level, giving customers confidence in our ability to understand their strategic context
- Develop very strong working relationships with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders to determine and clarify requirements, work priorities and scope
- Create delivery roadmaps based on business priorities with a reliable release strategy and schedule
- Break down complex problems into clear, simplified backlog work items that deliver demonstrable customer value as early as possible
- Prioritise across different domains (UX, technical and business) to maximise product value
- Steer our delivery effort against agreed customer success metrics, understanding dependencies, risks and impact
- Ensure our teams are consistently equipped with the right information to deliver high quality outcomes
- Define, analyse and react to product metrics (such as Analytics, A/B testing, Pirate metrics) to steer development direction
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
You will have at least 5 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a product owner or in a similar role, with a consultative background or a real desire to be customer-facing.
From a team alignment perspective, it is important that you:
- Are comfortable with emergent design principles
- Believe in MVP-first and fail-fast approaches, building and proving hypotheses with user feedback
- Understand the difference between Agile, Scrum and Kanban
A CSPO or similar certification will be considered a valuable asset. Experience in the following disciplines is desirable: software development, change management, business transformation.
Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English) are essential. Experience working in other geographies or markets and fluency in a second language is also desirable.
Successful candidates will be:
- Intuitive collaborators – finding common ground, driving forward an agenda and building effective relationships internally and externally
- Great planners who constantly thinks ahead about the needs of the customer and the team
- Mature and broad minded, able to ‘read’ and weigh-up complex situations and others’ motivations
- Experienced problem-solvers, with the judgement and decisiveness to make things happen
- A strong voice with clear opinions and ability to cut through to the points that matter
- Comfortable developing senior relationships with both customers and colleagues.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch