The creative mind behind every project. Put your skills to the test to build solutions that continue to shape the world we live in.
About the role
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse, sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
Required skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years of software development experience in .NET development
- Strong understanding and past experience of different database paradigms (SQL and NoSQL) and their application.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based solutions, preferably in Microsoft Azure
- Strong knowledge of microservices concepts like event based messaging, domain driven design, containerization and related technologies
- Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Experience with React
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work within a team and focus on a common sprint goal while delivering high product and code quality.
- Experience in source control and collaboration tools like GIT and Azure DevOps
- Experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Designing and implementing new functionality in the product based upon backlog items according to the definition of done to the required quality and within the agreed time.
- Actively contributing to the architecture of the solution and evangelising patterns and best practices.
- Involved and vocal participant in the agile ceremonies.
- Applying independence and creativity to problem solving across backlog items.
- Mentoring other developers.
- Test completed backlog items.
- Responsible for the backlog item estimation.
- Understand and follow guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to functional and non-functional specification.
- Diagnosing and resolving product bugs identified.
- Maintaining and supporting existing software.
- Maintain required project technical documentation.
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software development lifecycle.
- Ensures that development tasks are being created and adequately described.
- Ensures that the branching strategy is being adhered to.
- Manage code reviews (pull requests) ensuring quality code.
- Responsible for the deployments and data migration.
- Ensuring that the development environments required for the project are in place and available.
- Setting up CI / CD pipelines
- Writing up release notes for deployments.
- Identify, review and mitigate technical risk, issues and impediments
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch