This is a great opportunity to immerse yourselves in the Industry. This is what we refer to as a People Engagement. Ascent helps our partners onboard teams and particular skills directly in their business whilst still employed with Ascent in our Sofia Office.
About the Client:
BDO is an international network of public accounting, tax and advisory firms, the BDO Member Firms, which perform professional services under the name of BDO. The global network provides advisory services in 144 countries, with 56,389 people working out of 1,264 offices worldwide. The combined fee income of all the BDO Member Firms was $6.4 billion in 2013. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms.
Service provision within the international BDO network is coordinated by Brussels Worldwide Services BVBA, a limited liability company incorporated in Belgium with its statutory seat in Brussels.
Overall objective of the position:
This role will focus on technical management of services developed and hosted by BDO Global IT. Ensuring the integrity, availability, performance, recoverability and security in accordance with established policies, procedures and to agreed service levels.
Day-today responsibilities and expectations for this position:
- Administration of core network and business services across a range of platforms and technologies. Focused primarily on Microsoft cloud (Azure/Office365) technologies.
- Working to resolve ticket as they are escalated to our team. Communicating effectively with both internal and external resources via the help-desk system, email, voice and Skype. Operating in accordance with ITSM standards.
- Installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software.
- Ensure business continuity through effective and efficient backup and recovery methodologies of core IT services
- Automation of common procedures used to resolve Incidents, problems and Change Requests.
- Standardization and documentation of common procedures that cannot be easily automated, for execution by other resources or teams
- Proactive monitoring of infrastructure and associated services
- Proactive management of infrastructure and associated services including patching and upgrading of applications and operating systems, application delivery, and problem remediation
- Provide customer service management in addition to general duties and contribution to team objectives
- Participate in the projects that change existing services, establish new services or retire services from an operational implementation and support perspective
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- Three to five (or more) years of commercial IT experience in enterprise infrastructure implementation and administration.
- Demonstrate intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following Microsoft technologies:
- Azure - Especially PaaS offerings – App Services, Azure SQL, etc.
- Azure Active Directory B2B
- Active Directory
- Experience working with custom internally-developed applications and interacting with development teams preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of ITIL, or other IT Service Management methodology framework, and 3+ years experience working in an environment with:
- Adherence to formal change management processes;
- Delivery of services and support to defined service levels
- Experience using IT Service Management systems
- Effectively demonstrates leadership, teamwork, problem solving, initiative and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; technical writing experience preferred.
Key Working Relationships
This role requires a strong working relationship with both internal and external resources:
- BDO Global IT Infrastructure team (~20 members)
- BDO Global IT leadership team
- BDO Global IT development teams
- BDO Global IT security team
- Member firms (our customers)
- Key vendors
- Short and long-term contractors
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch