This is a great opportunity to immerse yourselves in the Industry. This is what we refer to as a People Engagement. Ascent helps our partners onboard teams and particular skills directly in their business whilst still employed with Ascent in our Sofia Office.
About the customer
Healthera provides patients with medicines, healthcare services and products through the largest digital platform of pharmacies and GPs in the UK, including national chains and independent providers.
Our technology empowers patients to access faster medicine delivery and personalized medical care local to them. We reinvent the pharmacy’s operating model which leads to better patient communication, more cross sales and stronger customer loyalty. We focus on digitizing and automating primary care processes to improve prescribing efficiency and patient experience while reducing wastage for the NHS. Healthera has a reach of over 10 million people in partnership with over 1000 pharmacies and CCGs across the UK. We are accredited by NHS Digital and one of the fastest growing digital health companies in Europe.
Headquartered in Cambridge, we are an international team and a unified passion for increasing efficiency for healthcare with human-centric technology.
Working with Healthera, you would be introducing modern innovative software tools and borrowing best practice from across different industries, to provide the new market leader in health tech.
As an iOS Developer, you will be working alongside a great team of developers and product managers within a semi-agile environment focused on delivering a suite of fast-scaling web and mobile products. We are continually evolving a highly successful and established product range. With an exciting roadmap ahead - we guarantee you’ll never be bored.
What you will be doing:
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the backend team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Being an advocate of the iOS patterns and interactions.
What we are offering:
- Highly competitive salary
- Experienced product team, fun working environment
- Own a product from start to finish and see the difference you make
Skills and experience
- Proficient with Swift 3 and above
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Github
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- At least 4 years of iOS development or 6 years of software development experience
- Have worked on at least one published iOS app
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related subject is preferred
- Strong sense of good mobile user experience
- Experience with unit and UI test
- Experience with Web API interaction and JSON
- Knowledge of other mobile development platforms
- Experience with database
- Experience with CI/CD system
- Experience with App performance profiling
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch