This is a great opportunity to immerse yourselves in the Industry. This is what we refer to as a People Engagement. Ascent helps our partners onboard teams and particular skills directly in their business whilst still employed with Ascent in our Sofia Office.
About the Client:
BDO is an international network of public accounting, tax and advisory firms, the BDO Member Firms, which perform professional services under the name of BDO. The global network provides advisory services in 144 countries, with 56,389 people working out of 1,264 offices worldwide. The combined fee income of all the BDO Member Firms was $6.4 billion in 2013. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms.
Service provision within the international BDO network is coordinated by Brussels Worldwide Services BVBA, a limited liability company incorporated in Belgium with its statutory seat in Brussels.
To reinforce our Global IT team, BWS is seeking a Business Analyst for our internal software deployments supporting our network’s Audit and Assurance practices.
Overall objective of the position:
The Data/Report Analyst is responsible for the continuous improvement of situational awareness and data maturity via creation of analytics and reporting capability. This includes:
- Identifying analytics requirements – working with the Business leadership to determine their:
- data and information use cases;
- data and information requirements -capturing and developing business rules/logic and relevant metrics.
- Sourcing and modelling data. This may involve:
- Creating suitable target-state data models for analysis.
- integrating source systems or extracting data from databases as required (in conjunction with DBAs & dev team).
- performing any data transformations necessary to create target-state datasets.
- Developing analytics – creating reports and information artefacts to provide real time intelligence and predictive capability.
- Creation of reports and dashboards in PowerBi in accordance with business requirements for an audience within the company Global office and its network. Finding and optimizing relations between various data requirements for reporting.
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Developing well documented and defined use cases and requirements.
- Modelling and populating appropriate datasets for analysis.
- Creating information artefacts to support operational management and oversight.
- Creation of interactive reporting in a PowerBi environment
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Relevant qualifications in IT or a related discipline are desirable but not essential.
- Basic, proven (1-3 years) experience in Power BI. Knowledge of M-language and DAX are required. Certifications are desirable but not essential.
- Skills in data extraction and systems integration highly desirable.
- Appropriate communication and inter-personal skills, particularly the ability to work across international cultures. Strong written communication skills are also required to produce reports and technical documentation.
- Experience in business analysis, data modelling and reporting highly regarded.
Experience with Azure or other cloud environments and/or IT Service Management functions are desirable
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch