We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 330+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for Senior C++ Developers to help our customers define and deliver success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role requires motivated people who are capable of liaising and understanding customer needs within the automotive sector in order to deliver and assist in the maintenance and development of tools for automotive engineers. The tools are used by professional engineers in order to simulate, measure and calibrate Electronic Control Units (ECUs) for the cars of today and tomorrow.
A senior C++ developer will be responsible of designing and implementing solutions to customer requirements using the latest available standards and compilers. Being dedicated to quality results requires an understanding and capability of creating solutions which are inherently testable and provable to deliver on the critical nature of the requirements. Knowledge of MATLAB is considered a great asset for the delivery of ECU simulation tools within the MATLAB development environment.
The role will expose candidates to a variety of automotive topics, technologies and networking protocols. Candidate will engage and work as part of a team which practices well established delivery methodologies and processes.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Past work experience delivering solutions in C++
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
Other skills that are considered an asset for this role:
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink
- Knowledge of C++11/14
- Knowledge of cross-platform (Windows and Linux) development and delivery of C++ projects
- Past experience in delivering networking solutions
WHY JOIN ASCENT:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch