About the company:
Owned by Private Equity Investor Marcol and based in Amsterdam, Atida is a pan European collection of B2C healthcare brands that delivery the in-store pharmacy experience in a digital age. Comprised of businesses that have been in operation since 2006, and experiencing record growth, Atida brands receive over 20 million unique visits annually across the continent and further afield, including customers in the Far East taking advantage of the high quality service and wide product selection.
T The Role:
We are looking for a PHP Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the different layers of server components. Your primary focus will be the development of new functionality in the existing technology stack and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the other layers of the platform. You will also be responsible for integrating back-office frontend components. Therefore, a basic understanding of frontend technologies is necessary as well.
In conjunction with Inviqa and other partners, Atida have been rebuilding the base product sets on which its services are based using latest technologies and products including Spryker engine, Drupal, Next.js, Akeneo, Golang, Istio, Kubernetes, Elastic Search and much more.
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic and above all talented individual who can demonstrate prowess in software engineering to support the continued development of the Atida technology platform as the business enters a period of high growth, including further international expansion and changes to its core proposition.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for the right candidate to grow into a more responsible position in a team as the business enters new markets, adopts new technologies and makes its customers healthier and happier. There is no legacy here, just forward facing, modern languages, products and concepts which require your expertise to bring to life.
You’ll be accountable for delivering best in class engineering, best practice and standards whilst part of a team of high caliber technology professionals building a class defining product.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a good understanding of Kubernetes and Docker
- Have strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks, preferably Symfony
- Experience working with a headless eCommerce solution such as Spryker, Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento or others
- Have an understanding of MVC design patterns
- Have good knowledge of PHP object-oriented programming
- Be familiar with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Be proficient in code versioning tools, such as Git
- Have excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment
The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Experience working with Drupal or other CMS
- Worked with Akeneo or other PIM
- Experience in other PHP Frameworks like Zend or Laravel
- Knowledge of Event Sourcing and Message Queues
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Experience in GoLang
- Knowledge of gRPC
- Understanding the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Have at least 5 years of experience working with PHP in a professional environment
- Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high-performance software
- Maintain and develop new functionality in Drupal
- Maintain and extend Spryker
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch